Archived Weird split-shift, last half hour is HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked ahead a couple weeks to get a sense of my hours, and on one day, I work a normal-enough cashier shift until the store closes at 10, and thereafter I am scheduled until 10:30 for HR.

Err...I have no HR training of any kind, or really anything to do with anyONE in HR that I can recall at the moment, and I have no idea what might be expected of me. I don't think I noticed anyone else with this going on in their schedule, though I'll be able to look into it a little more thoroughly tomorrow, and perhaps ask someone, since we were all taking off tonight at about the same time and I really wasn't able to pull anyone aside to ask about it.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really not sure what to make of it, and I've kinda learned to dread unexpected stuff when it comes to work. Could I be in trouble or something? I know I'm not the best at hocking red cards, and sometimes I'm rather withdrawn, but I'm polite and I don't think I've done anything wrong beyond a little quietness that would warrant pulling me aside for a half-hour lecture after-hours. <_< Could it be training for something?

It's very possible that the half hour doesn't mean anything and they'll have you zoning or reshop or whatever else you do at your store when you close.

I remember at my store, there was a time when we didn't have enough sales floor hours but an abundance of instocks hours. They'd schedule people as instocks in the system, but just used them for regular sales floor tasks during the night.

It's very possible that the half hour doesn't mean anything and they'll have you zoning or reshop or whatever else you do at your store when you close.

I remember at my store, there was a time when we didn't have enough sales floor hours but an abundance of instocks hours. They'd schedule people as instocks in the system, but just used them for regular sales floor tasks during the night.

I do hope that's all it is! I've never seen that appear on my schedule before, and I work after close fairly often.

Probably just banked a few hours and that's where they're putting you. You might be doing some online computer training for guest service/cashier, or you could be pushing candy.

Ask your ETL-HR!

Probably just banked a few hours and that's where they're putting you. You might be doing some online computer training for guest service/cashier, or you could be pushing candy.

Ask your ETL-HR!

I will tomorrow! ^^; As I said, I tend to look upon unexpected stuff at work with a little anxiety. :< So I'm thankful for the input here and now; it's sounding more and more like it's totally harmless and just a weird schedule thing. :)

Relax. You may not be working in hr. good chance, you will be helping front end or salesfloor close down for an extra half hour. Take the hours! The y do add up.

A few weeks ago, I was scheduled for a 7-8 am training shift in guest service. This confused me as I had never asked to train nor had any desire to train in gs. Also, the fact that there would be no guests at that time of the morning. Asked my gstl and it was to clean in gs. Then they ended up cutting hours so I ended up not having to come in that early.

I once got scheduled on the sales floor for an hour after closing (cashier at the time).....which would have been fine, except that I wasn't actually scheduled for anything else that day.....evidently they had changed their mind on which day I was working, but neglected to remove the split part of the shift.......

I once got scheduled on the sales floor for an hour after closing (cashier at the time).....which would have been fine, except that I wasn't actually scheduled for anything else that day.....evidently they had changed their mind on which day I was working, but neglected to remove the split part of the shift.......

The way the schedule is displayed when you're editing it can cause issues like this. By default, it displays all of the shifts for the individual workcenters (i.e. it'll display all of the Cashier shifts for the week, then you can scroll down the page to see Electronics, and so on). So, when they deleted your cashier shift, they didn't see that you also had a Sales Floor shift, too (and probably didn't even think about it, if you're not normally scheduled it anyway). They still should've double-checked, but it's an easier mistake to make than you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back