Archived Welcome to Walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has done this only one time, and that's for BTS. We are the cheapest school supply store situated within reasonable distance of three school districts, so BTS here is an absolute hell. It gets so bad as the first school day approaches that we can't even get into half of stationery to zone or do go backs, so we would just wheel the carts of stationery/BTS gobacks over and the guests would pick them clean within an hour or so. Otherwise one cart of seasonal/stationery gobacks would easily take half a shift, and with 10 of them piled behind GS, we didn't have another option.

In a large city, my store is central in its location near the several colleges/campuses, dozen or so high schools, several middle schools, and many elementary schools. Eee! No part of the store will be untouched. It will be Black Friday all over again, except with school supplies. Even the slower stores in the area get pretty busy more than any other time of the year.

I see POG Team written all over this..

And looking at my mini seasonal section atm, I actually agree with it.

Thankfully, we have an Office Depot just a couple blocks away so we aren't that bad during BTS. It's still pretty bad because we're cheaper, but it usually isn't insanely bad.

So with the rebranding of Bullseye's Playground, salesfloor is supposed to own its clearance, so it's supposed to go to mini seasonal, right? Right.

Except when it doesn't.

Three carts of this crap, sitting in front of the checklanes. So much for brand.
This is everything lol

I see POG Team written all over this..

And looking at my mini seasonal section atm, I actually agree with it.
Well if the sales floor tl doesn't take their own clearance, then staging the product is technically brand... The sign is not.

I know it looks tacky but I wish we would do this sometimes haha it all gets thrown back on the shelves and gets picked over so when we go to salvage it its a total nightmare. by the way since one spot is getting thrown in with mini seasonal does anyone know if one spot is still supposed to be thrown away? last time I wasnt even paying attention and just put everything in the salvage boxes, I am not going to waste time trying to seperate it all out

Thankfully, we have an Office Depot just a couple blocks away so we aren't that bad during BTS. It's still pretty bad because we're cheaper, but it usually isn't insanely bad.
Lucky you... We have a Walmart and two office supply stores in our shopping center and we still get mobbed like crazy throughout July and August.

I know it looks tacky but I wish we would do this sometimes haha it all gets thrown back on the shelves and gets picked over so when we go to salvage it its a total nightmare. by the way since one spot is getting thrown in with mini seasonal does anyone know if one spot is still supposed to be thrown away? last time I wasnt even paying attention and just put everything in the salvage boxes, I am not going to waste time trying to seperate it all out

No, one spot stuff when it goes salvage does not get tossed in the compactor anymore. There was a redwire update back before Christmas that gave the updated direction. If items are special handling then the follow the normal ESIM procedure.

Reminds me more of Super 1 Foods and Kroger.

I guess working for the Umbrella Corporation for 8 years has had an effect on me because that sign looks terrible and shitty. All of that shit being in a shopping cart just screams of "please buy this because we're desperate".

I saw the title and assumed this would be about the new grocery thing with the water pallets lol.

No, one spot stuff when it goes salvage does not get tossed in the compactor anymore. There was a redwire update back before Christmas that gave the updated direction. If items are special handling then the follow the normal ESIM procedure.
Thank you! They never tell us anything at my store. Glad this forum exists or I would be so lost on everything

Target should have some cute collapsible dump bins by checkout for this kind of stuff. Bullseye's Bargains or Bullseye's Bin or something. It doesn't take much to have a decent place for "We really want to get rid of this crap" items.

It looks tacky though. Nine times out of ten, those bins would be a mess and it would look awful. Plus, we already have enough of the "But this item was on a clearance endcap!", imagine if we had those right at the checklanes? I also bet that guests would think it's just a bin to dump all of your unwanted crap in there, or even a garbage bin.

It looks tacky though. Nine times out of ten, those bins would be a mess and it would look awful. Plus, we already have enough of the "But this item was on a clearance endcap!", imagine if we had those right at the checklanes? I also bet that guests would think it's just a bin to dump all of your unwanted crap in there, or even a garbage bin.

Better than a cart with a computer printed sign though. IDK. Clearance bins work fine at other retailers.

Better than a cart with a computer printed sign though. IDK. Clearance bins work fine at other retailers.
yeah, the sign is what really got me most too. the whole idea is kind of cringe-worthy, but at least, like, take a 7x11, print it up, and throw it in a plastic sign holder. then it looks ALMOST classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back