Archived Well they took away our ability to clock in today

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were a test store for a new way to clock in/out at registers & the price scanners. They took it all away today. :-( I guess that means they decided not to continue it. Too bad because it was pretty awesome and convenient.

Was it something that could be abused or gamed?

We were a test store for a new way to clock in/out at registers & the price scanners. They took it all away today. :-( I guess that means they decided not to continue it. Too bad because it was pretty awesome and convenient.

*sigh* Target is soooooooooooo far behind the times. I think it is safe to say that MOST (maybe 'many' is a better word?) retailers/fortune 500/restaurants/big box stores have figured our how to clock in on a computer. WTF is so complicated about it Target? Sheesh. Fire the entire IT department and get some real technology guru's. It's. Not. Hard.

*sigh* Target is soooooooooooo far behind the times. I think it is safe to say that MOST (maybe 'many' is a better word?) retailers/fortune 500/restaurants/big box stores have figured our how to clock in on a computer. WTF is so complicated about it Target? Sheesh. Fire the entire IT department and get some real technology guru's. It's. Not. Hard.

Haha, talk about behind on times... Lowe's whole inventory checking/ringing up customers/checking various info is all still in a dos system.... lol for instance... to get to the checkout menu its 1.4.... Assembly tracking menu 1.14.1... my admin duties require me going all of the place like (9.1.1, 3.1, 3.4..) lol.... They do however allow you to clock in from ANY computer in the store meaning you can walk right in and clock in within your first 10 steps... lol

I will never understand why when you punch out it can not tell you the time you have worked thus far. My first job a far less successful company told you to the exact second how much time you have worked

I will never understand why when you punch out it can not tell you the time you have worked thus far. My first job a far less successful company told you to the exact second how much time you have worked

Probably for the same reason that same-day punches would always show as "unauthorized" on MAX (not sure if MyTime does that or not). Your punches aren't considered official until the next day. That's also why you can't do a punch correction until at least the next day. I had to explain this to a new TM because my ETL-GE didn't understand it. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back