Archived Well this is nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this at my old ULV store a couple years ago. It wasn't that bad.

Wow I thought the whole etl-ge/sl was interesting but the whole salesfloors wow. It's so crazy how a story can function like that. Lowest volume I have been in is a high end "c" . The store I'm at right now is moving up a volume, we suppose to get a sr. Etl for the sales floor . We will see how it goes.

We did this at my old ULV store a couple years ago. It wasn't that bad.

Maybe not for you but this sounds INSANE for an ETL. Can you imagine someone brand new to Target getting the entire Salesfloor AND the front end? You're pretty much set up to fail.

Maybe not for you but this sounds INSANE for an ETL. Can you imagine someone brand new to Target getting the entire Salesfloor AND the front end? You're pretty much set up to fail.
You wouldn't give this position to someone new in role. If you hold your team leads accountable for the jobs they should be doing, it's not that bad.

You wouldn't give this position to someone new in role. If you hold your team leads accountable for the jobs they should be doing, it's not that bad.

Again, easier said than done. You do the position and let me know how it goes.

There really aren't too many "easy" positions left in our particular area for new-in-role ETLs. In fact, there are more low volume stores than high volume in the entire company. Used to be that GE or SL/GE was the starter position but I don't even need a full hand to count how many of those positions we still have in our district.

Again, easier said than done. You do the position and let me know how it goes.QUOTE]
Start me off at 50k-55k just out of school and we'll talk.

What does pay have to do with being capable of doing a job? You seem to be arguing that if you pay someone more, they will be capable of more.

S_ETL is right, that's not a position you put a new ETL in. Pay them whatever you want, but 99% of new ETLs would fail at that position.

At walmart its much worse. Lets say you have a department manager. Well there is someone on top of that that over sees you running that deparment plus a few others (housewares, Toys and stationary for example) and then on top of that there is a mananger who over sees THAT plus certain sections of the store (example what we call the "L" Sporting goods, Auto and hardware and tools) but a they could over see lets say pop and water plus some GM deparments too. Its crazy..,.

So your lucky Target is not that crazy.... yet......

At walmart its much worse. Lets say you have a department manager. Well there is someone on top of that that over sees you running that deparment plus a few others (housewares, Toys and stationary for example) and then on top of that there is a mananger who over sees THAT plus certain sections of the store (example what we call the "L" Sporting goods, Auto and hardware and tools) but a they could over see lets say pop and water plus some GM deparments too. Its crazy..,.

I have eight bosses Bob.

Eight?

Eight!

I heard at wal-mart all you need is an associate's degree to become as assistant store manager. (wal-marts version of an ETL) Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back