MEGATHREAD Welp, masks are back again...

I can't wait to have recurring headaches and acne again from wearing masks! Thank you Target!

It's funny how fast it went from "everyone needs to get vaccinated to stop the spread" to "even if you're vaccinated, you still spread it anyway".

I absolutely will not wear a mask outside in 80 degrees or above while pushing carts and if they want to place me in corrective action or w/e then so be it. im at the point where i don't care anymore
It really is not healthy to wear a mask outside in the summer, or for long periods of time due to the decrease in oxygen you get while wearing them. There are many studies that show this but nobody ever even talks about this.

there is no such thing as a decrease in oxygen from wearing masks otherwise the people who wore them for hours and hours and hours at a time pre-pandemic (like surgeons) would suffer from decreased oxygen intake

ppl really out here ready to just believe anything huh. good grief
There is decreased oxygen because the air you breathe out, which is now carbon dioxide, stays in your mask where you then breathe it back in. I'm sure doctors and surgeons do have effects of that, although they generally don't wear their masks for hours straight at a time which lessens the effects.

I know for a fact it's decreasing my intake because I get headaches whenever I wear a mask, which does not happen frequently otherwise.

I can't wait to have recurring headaches and acne again from wearing masks! Thank you Target!

It's funny how fast it went from "everyone needs to get vaccinated to stop the spread" to "even if you're vaccinated, you still spread it anyway".

It really is not healthy to wear a mask outside in the summer, or for long periods of time due to the decrease in oxygen you get while wearing them. There are many studies that show this but nobody ever even talks about this.
I am seriously amazed that surgical doctors, nurses and techs are able to get through any procedures at all without brain damage due to the decrease in oxygen they get while wearing masks. Nobody ever even talks about this.

There is decreased oxygen because the air you breathe out, which is now carbon dioxide, stays in your mask where you then breathe it back in. I'm sure doctors and surgeons do have effects of that, although they generally don't wear their masks for hours straight at a time which lessens the effects.

I know for a fact it's decreasing my intake because I get headaches whenever I wear a mask, which does not happen frequently otherwise.
Get yourself a pulse oximeter to check your oxygen level. I have. My oxygen level has not decreased while wearing a mask. I am a superhuman.

The vaccine just doesn’t work .
Counterpoint-

04CF4037-9DC5-4F00-83DB-669B727EDCB3.jpeg

And this isn’t a matter of the Delta variant being less severe and less deadly. Other countries that are poorly vaccinated are seeing hospitalizations and deaths surge with the Delta variant. Indonesia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Malaysia, etc. Compared to countries with high vaccination rates like the UK and Israel that are seeing small and gradual increases in hospitalizations, mostly among the unvaccinated.

Last edited:
thats what doesnt make sense vaccines are working we shouldn't have to go back to masks
I don’t necessarily disagree. I was just responding the the argument that the fact that you can still get covid (much lower chance and less severe) means the vaccines don’t work

But only the employees have to wear a mask.

So the thousands of maskless customers are spreading it all around.

Absolutely pointless if everyone isn't masked

But only the employees have to wear a mask.

So the thousands of maskless customers are spreading it all around.

Absolutely pointless if everyone isn't masked
I disagree somewhat. We may only be exposed to a guest for a few minutes, but TMs hanging around TSC, the breakroom, or backroom areas unmasked would expose each other for longer periods of time and in closer quarters.

But I'm all for requiring guests to wear them again too. We were doing so well - rarely a guest or TM without a mask in my store for the better part of a year. A few words from the CDC undid most of that in a few weeks.

It’s bs imo as a cart attendant with asthma I have a hard time breathing outside, it should be choice not forced. If I am forced to wear a mask outside while fully vaccinated I’ll fight it hard. If we keep masking up for every variant it will never end I feel everyone who has wanted the vaccine has gotten it by now and it’s time we just live with Covid and move the F on let the unvaccinated suffer it’s there choice world can go on with a few less people in it imho
You do know the mask mandate is only for when you're inside of a building, right? So why are you complaining about having to wear one when you're outside when it isn't even required? Also, do you not understand why the surge of covid related hospitalizations is a potentially huge problem? It's not just the people who aren't vaccinated that will be affected. When hospitals start to run out of the resources needed to treat other patients because the wards are filled with people who are sick with Covid, people who need treatment for life threatening conditions are going to die. This happened all over the world last year. We are already starting to see the early signs of that here in some part of the States. If you're really having difficulties doing your job as a cart attendant due to your asthma, then you either need to get accommodations or look into a different work center.

I disagree somewhat. We may only be exposed to a guest for a few minutes, but TMs hanging around TSC, the breakroom, or backroom areas unmasked would expose each other for longer periods of time and in closer quarters.

But I'm all for requiring guests to wear them again too. We were doing so well - rarely a guest or TM without a mask in my store for the better part of a year. A few words from the CDC undid most of that in a few weeks.
They may reinstate the mask mandate in states where it isn't restricted. 🙄 I live in a state with an idiot of a governor that made it to where local government can't have an inforced mask mandate. Our new covid cases have shot through the roof once the mask mandate was lifted and our percentage of people vaccinated is pretty low.

You do know the mask mandate is only for when you're inside of a building, right? So why are you complaining about having to wear one when you're outside when it isn't even required? Also, do you not understand why the surge of covid related hospitalizations is a potentially huge problem? It's not just the people who aren't vaccinated that will be affected. When hospitals start to run out of the resources needed to treat other patients because the wards are filled with people who are sick with Covid, people who need treatment for life threatening conditions are going to die. This happened all over the world last year. We are already starting to see the early signs of that here in some part of the States. If you're really having difficulties doing your job as a cart attendant due to your asthma, then you either need to get accommodations or look into a different work center.
tell that to my ETL, she requires masks on in or outside. and this might sound morbid but the vaccine works to keep people from dying and honestly those who really wanted it have gotten it i feel, let those who are unvaccinated deal with it. human race is killing this planet it could make due with a few thousand less on it. Covid is here to stay and until we realize that this will never stop. stop letting them control you. this is supposed to be the land of the free how is it free when we are forced to do something? should be land of the controlled. i stopped listening to the news or social media long time ago as its twisted to what they want you to hear.

Unless Target has changed the original policy, masks are to be worn when on the clock inside or outside of the building. The policy is available on Workbench.

tell that to my ETL, she requires masks on in or outside. and this might sound morbid but the vaccine works to keep people from dying and honestly those who really wanted it have gotten it i feel, let those who are unvaccinated deal with it. human race is killing this planet it could make due with a few thousand less on it. Covid is here to stay and until we realize that this will never stop. stop letting them control you. this is supposed to be the land of the free how is it free when we are forced to do something? should be land of the controlled. i stopped listening to the news or social media long time ago as its twisted to what they want you to hear.

“land of the free” with exceptions because you know there’s all sorts of laws about what you can and can’t do. what a weird perspective. should i be allowed to go and drive at 130mph on the highway because it’s the “land of the free”? lmao

And so far barely any guests are wearing them because there's no sign outside and I can bet its not being pushed on, and even if it is, the anti-vaxxers who caused this problem in the first place will refuse to wear one because they were already anti-mask to begin with. What exactly is the point here again?

There are many reasons you could be getting a headache. Unless you have been assessed by a doctor, you do not know for a fact it is from decreased oxygen. Have you considered you are getting headaches because the mask is creating tension in your jaw and across your cheeks? Even small unnoticed tension can create headaches.

There are many reasons you could be getting a headache. Unless you have been assessed by a doctor, you do not know for a fact it is from decreased oxygen. Have you considered you are getting headaches because the mask is creating tension in your jaw and across your cheeks? Even small unnoticed tension can create headaches.
That's a great point. @GRC maybe trying different kinds of masks would help, as well as being aware if you are clenching your jaw or tensing up other facial muscles due to the mask.

Back