Archived Western Washington Stores…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at Target anymore, but my grocery store did 130k on Friday on an average of 55k or so. My day off, thank god. My little Kia Optima has been struggling though lol

Haha apparently Franz isn't making deliveries tomorrow because they're so behind on producing the product.

well it collects on metal surfaces like cart handles and car hoods, just enough to look comfy and wintery but not so much that it fucks up the roads. Keep that salt the hell away from my car please

Im curious I read something saying washingtoj snow was hazardous because its wet and compacts like cement. Is there really a difference between that and what they get in the east and mid west? I mean to me snow is dangerous in any form really :/

Im curious I read something saying washingtoj snow was hazardous because its wet and compacts like cement. Is there really a difference between that and what they get in the east and mid west? I mean to me snow is dangerous in any form really :/

And add streets that are like San Francisco its been a shit show.. Also out here we don't have plows and street treatment like they do back east. I live off a state highway that when it snowed on last Monday we didn't see a snowplow until two days later a major fucking state highway! We get snow that is wet kinda melts then overnight freezes to ice so its nasty to try and drive on. I've been doing it for a week now. So glad I have that Jeep. I have over eight inches of snow in my driveway and I shoveled that shit yesterday so there is over a foot of snow in places I didn't shovel at all.. Geography is freaking micro climate that three miles down the road they could get two inches of snow where I have almost a foot elevation changes are that drastic and close to each other. So you never know what you are going to get.

I was the only one who could do receiving and SFS/OPU/STS today.. And a couple ETL's still had it in them to bitch that OPU's were behind while checking in the two vendors that did show up..

And two hour one way commute is grating on my last fucking nerve..

Hurr hurr if ur not neck deep in snow u dont even kno what snow is
8 inches of snow???? talk to me when ur house is buried kiddos

Well according to the national weather service Seattle at the time of the Twitter post Seattle has had 19.2 inches recorded. This makes February 2019 the 8th snowiest month since 1896. Keep in mind it is not even half over.

Well according to the national weather service Seattle at the time of the Twitter post Seattle has had 19.2 inches recorded. This makes February 2019 the 8th snowiest month since 1896. Keep in mind it is not even half over.
i was mocking another user
I live in Puyallup and used to work at Southcenter.

In my area we got an inch and a half and keep losing power from down lines. It took me 3 differerent attempts to get to work due to road closures. We also had to toss a bunch of market food. Idk what the rule is but it was over 3 hours and idk what happened with the generators.

Yes. Heavy, wet snow is absolutely worse than light, fluffy snow. Both do make driving conditions bad, but the heavy, wet snow doesn't blow around and that makes a big difference on well traveled roads. Also, when the heavy snow compacts it makes cleaning up harder to do. So when a freeway has been driven on, compacting the snow, and you live in a state that doesn't have the salt or pre-treatment that the Midwest or East does, that's going to make it damn near impossible to clear the roads back to safe driving conditions.

I live in MN so for us snow is just a part of everyday when it happens. 8-12 inches of snow is shitty to deal with as it's falling, but by the next day, main roads are pretty much back to normal. It can make it hard to remember other states don't typically get this kind of snow also don't have the tools to deal with it as easily as we do. For Washington, this is a big deal; for Minnesota, we simply call it Tuesday.

Yeah. The warmer it is, the wetter the snow is. It is heavier, so harder to clear, and it compacts and freezes overnight into ice. Also there is often a layer of ice under it because the ground is warm and then freezes as it cools down.

Colder, dryer snow is more like flour. It is cold and a bit slick, but it doesn't stick to itself and brushes off easily. You see the difference around 25 degrees.

In the midwest we get both kinds, but we also live with snow storms all winter so neither is especially extra hazardous.

Yes. Heavy, wet snow is absolutely worse than light, fluffy snow. Both do make driving conditions bad, but the heavy, wet snow doesn't blow around and that makes a big difference on well traveled roads. Also, when the heavy snow compacts it makes cleaning up harder to do. So when a freeway has been driven on, compacting the snow, and you live in a state that doesn't have the salt or pre-treatment that the Midwest or East does, that's going to make it damn near impossible to clear the roads back to safe driving conditions.

I live in MN so for us snow is just a part of everyday when it happens. 8-12 inches of snow is shitty to deal with as it's falling, but by the next day, main roads are pretty much back to normal. It can make it hard to remember other states don't typically get this kind of snow also don't have the tools to deal with it as easily as we do. For Washington, this is a big deal; for Minnesota, we simply call it Tuesday.

Geography is the killer, just imagine your Tuesday and you have to drive roads like San Francisco, even the deep snow doesn't scare a lot of us not that we want to own a 4x4 but we quickly realized its required cause the cities and state don't have the equipment to deal. It's still butt clenching to power up a grade to get up it then not know if its chunky grippy snow up top or a sheet of glass. And today the rain has shown up so now the snow is pulling down trees onto the roads from just the weight..

i was mocking another userE}
I live in Puyallup and used to work at Southcenter.

I am north in Snohomish.

My real question: is SeaTac open with few flight delays? My bro in law is flying back today from a visit with us and I just want to make sure he won’t be spending another night w us. 😀

My real question: is SeaTac open with few flight delays? My bro in law is flying back today from a visit with us and I just want to make sure he won’t be spending another night w us. 😀

They had a de-icer set up go down so they have been running but basically with one hand tied behind their back.. So it's a crap shoot depending on what airline and how far back in line his flight is.

Geography is the killer, just imagine your Tuesday and you have to drive roads like San Francisco, even the deep snow doesn't scare a lot of us not that we want to own a 4x4 but we quickly realized its required cause the cities and state don't have the equipment to deal. It's still butt clenching to power up a grade to get up it then not know if its chunky grippy snow up top or a sheet of glass. And today the rain has shown up so now the snow is pulling down trees onto the roads from just the weight..

I am north in Snohomish.

If I had roads like San Francisco, believe me, I'd be staying home a lot more. I dislike steep roads on a good, clear summer day! Even my flat driveway can be tricky to get out of with enough snow. There were two days last year, I looked outside and said, Nope, not today.

If I had roads like San Francisco, believe me, I'd be staying home a lot more. I dislike steep roads on a good, clear summer day! Even my flat driveway can be tricky to get out of with enough snow. There were two days last year, I looked outside and said, Nope, not today.

Same here. I can drive fine here in flat SE Michigan. If I had to do it on hills I don't think I could manage.

Now main roads are clear but neighborhoods are mess. Sheet of ice under rain soaked snow.. Damn even I ran out of equipment, skills and just "hold my beer" to get out this morning.. It's going to be a mess cause more people are like "yeah the snow is over, lets get out of the house!" And they get stuck right out of their driveway.. Cause they are sinking through the fluffly stuff which is now soaked with rain and the ice is under it and can't get any traction on it.. Thanks to the dude who left their civic in the middle of the road.. You are lucky I didn't give it some new pinstripes via my bumper..

We’re living in some topsy turvy world where Seattle has more snow this winter than New York City. I’m jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back