Archived What A Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So I typically close Guest Service two nights a week. My shift on Thursday was at 4:15. So, I basically walked into a bomb. The defective tub was overfilled with items, as well as a second basket sitting next to it equally full. There were loads of online items everywhere and it was just a huge mess.

The team member there expresses that the service was offline all day so defectives weren't able to be done. From 7:00 to 4:15, wow. So, I basically had a really stressful night. It's one thing to do defectives at 11 am when it's not too bad, but Thursday evening was very busy from start to finish and so I would scan an item, then poof here's 2 guests, another item, here's 2 more, it was like a magic trick haha.

I honestly did not finish everything until 9:45. Needless to say, I was beat.

Now, I am not expecting much out of Target because well it's Target, but it would be nice to hear a thanks, or a good job for basically doing a day's work of Guest Service in a 5 hour shift!

At this point, I realize that with certain team members, I know what to expect as far as cleanliness and what does and does not get done.

I did discover that my handwriting is very apparent in the Paid and Left log, while I rarely see anyone else do it for some odd reason. There is one particular team member who does this, as well as leave carts of See Spot and always leave it for someone else to do. In my opinion, if you don't wanna do it, don't start it and leave a bunch for the person in the morning.

When I close, I try to have either Defects empty completely or Re-shop completely empty, as I don't know if they have a lot to do the next morning, it'd be unfair to leave all this to do the next day.

Sorry rant over, needed it!

Hey, you did a great job! That's the nature of the beast, there will always be those that work harder and those that hardly work but just know that eventually everything will be noticed by your peers/TLS/ETLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back