Archived What are my chances of making it past probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calinstocks

GSTL, Bay Area
Hi, so I'm getting really mixed feelings about my prognosis. All of the ETLs seem to love me and a GSTL even stopped me the other day and said she heard ETLs talking about me and I must be doing something right. That being said, everyone loving me doesn't mean shit when TWICE in two weeks I have been late to work. And I just started three weeks ago (as in this week is week three for me). Once, I was late by an hour. The second time, by about thirty minutes. HR gave me the nastiest side eye.
So the ETLs, my personal in-stocks team leader, and GSTLs have praised me for my good work, but my attendance is already not so good. What do you think holds more weight? Is HR the final say?
I appreciate any help!

It honestly depends on your store. I come in at 6 Monday - Friday and I see so many flow coming late 5-10 minutes sometimes more. And it's repeat offenders lol. But nothing ever happens. To my best knowledge, target doesn't seem to have a policy on being late, calling in, whatever. It's hard enough for my store to even fill some positions and have people consistently not show up and not call in 'sick'. At my store, Unless your punching guests in the face or stealing, you don't get fired lol. There's one dude who wears maroon everyday, and another who literally is sporting a black shirt. It's crazy. When my 90 days was coming up, my former team lead told me how he REALLY wanted to keep me, BUT I have to do x y and z to improve my chances. Looking back now, it was a line of total bullshit, and I was outperforming everyone on my team. One thing that's cool about target is that if you stand out, leaders do notice, even though a lot does unfortunately go unnoticed, you will be noticed if you stand out.

It honestly depends on your store. I come in at 6 Monday - Friday and I see so many flow coming late 5-10 minutes sometimes more. And it's repeat offenders lol. But nothing ever happens. To my best knowledge, target doesn't seem to have a policy on being late, calling in, whatever. It's hard enough for my store to even fill some positions and have people consistently not show up and not call in 'sick'. At my store, Unless your punching guests in the face or stealing, you don't get fired lol. There's one dude who wears maroon everyday, and another who literally is sporting a black shirt. It's crazy. When my 90 days was coming up, my former team lead told me how he REALLY wanted to keep me, BUT I have to do x y and z to improve my chances. Looking back now, it was a line of total bullshit, and I was outperforming everyone on my team. One thing that's cool about target is that if you stand out, leaders do notice, even though a lot does unfortunately go unnoticed, you will be noticed if you stand out.

Maroon is an allowed color, at least at my store.

I am wondering the same thing. Although, not for being late. And I've even been able to pick up extra hours and shifts already, which I assume is a good sign. But, I feel like I am soo sloooooow to learn the store, product locations, and do go-backs or whatever. Also, every time I go for back up something inevitably happens where I have to call for help. Every time!! I don't think my 'can do' attitude matters much if you are so slow at what you're doing. I'm Just waiting for them to pull the plug on my old ass.
Anyhow, if no one has said anything about being late, maybe it's not that big of a deal. Just keep up the good work and hopefully that's what they're noticing. You got this! Just get there on time!

Don't be late anymore and answer the phone when you're called on your days off.

You might survive...

Always be early, never get sick or call out,

tumblr_nhj8djfMb11taghono4_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back