Archived What are you eating. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp we arent getting fed for this weekend either so I wanna know what grub you all are getting??? Our STL says we dont have any hudget for food (a decade with spot says thats a crock of crap lol) so we are running on skin on bones all 4th quarter. Am I annoyed yeah but whatevs bts will bite them in the end :p So please tell a starved grunt what goodies you got

We've had snacks of late--"nacho day", Little Debbie stuff, trail mix, various salty snacks. Nothing fancy, but snackies are always nice.

Last night was the holiday meal--chicken, cheesy hash browns, coleslaw, etc. from a local restaurant. I...may have agreed to work an extra shift last night because of the offer of free food. The older I get the more I am amazed at the pull of free food. It must trigger something in our lizard brains or something.

We never get food for this weekend....maybe snacks but not legit food.

Meatballs on Friday. Saturday was pizza day. Not sure for Christmas Eve

I'm a data nerd, by trade, and I would love to run some stats on how much could be gained in worker efficiency, decreased callouts, etc. by providing free food on the regular in the breakroom.

I don't really want a job at Corporate, but I would love to design & execute such a study.

Some stores around the area always have free peanut butter and jelly in the break room. Its nice, but the flipside is by doing that, they have less money to spend throughout the year on holidays.

Better to have less every day than more once in a while.

we get alot of pop and energy drinks on flow lately. and we get alot of the the toss defective candy and market stuff

Catering today - veggies and dip, mashed potatoes, dressing, two kinds of meatballs, chicken, bread, 4 different cakes, milk and lemonade...and maybe a few other things

We got subway today. We are getting Panda Express tomorrow. From a food safety standpoint, it's never a good idea to have these sitting out for hours lol

It really comes down to how your store manages the budget. Depending on your org chart your budget for December is anywhere from 3,000 to 10,000.

My store was underspent on 549 for the year so we had an extra 3 grand to spend.

Not going to get too specific but we have catering every Saturday and Sunday the past three weeks.

As @Bosch knows too well our district is notorious for stls spending the 549 budget on lunch for the Lods.

But our etl actually threw a really nice luncheon for the team leads and another for the speciality teams who won a competition we did. (Cuz you know, Plano and signing are now minimum wage jobs)

We got subway today. We are getting Panda Express tomorrow. From a food safety standpoint, it's never a good idea to have these sitting out for hours lol

Yeah that's why pizza is usually a good buy, it can sit without giving people food poisoning.

If your etl isn't lazy it's extremely wise to do several pickups and deliveries staggering the times so the closing team gets fresh food too. Most are too lazy to so that or don't want to leave the store (duh have the closer pick it up on their way in)

Yeah that's why pizza is usually a good buy, it can sit without giving people food poisoning.

If your etl isn't lazy it's extremely wise to do several pickups and deliveries staggering the times so the closing team gets fresh food too. Most are too lazy to so that or don't want to leave the store (duh have the closer pick it up on their way in)
Yeah we get deliveries like every four hours but the food sits there between deliveries haha

we get alot of pop and energy drinks on flow lately. and we get alot of the the toss defective candy and market stuff

Yeah my old store they always had market toss in the breakroom. My store has none of that. What makes the difference there? Just need an stl with some balls to not have to toss it?

Sub style sandwiches today. Which were all bread and lettuce, no cheese and almost no meat. But 4 fresh trays were delivered every 2 hours so nothing sat out for long. Plus chips and sodas which were req'd from the floor.

Yeah we get deliveries like every four hours but the food sits there between deliveries haha

Meh that's fine then. Nuke it in the microwave and it will be fine. Four hours isn't too bad.

Once new food comes in I toss the suspect stuff

Nothing this year aside from limited snacks. First time since I've worked for Target. Pretty discouraging, because this is also a year we desperatey need a moral boost. I realize no one should expect fancy catering or free food, but knowing it can be done, but isn't, just kinda sucks. Props to TMs who have bought pizzas or snacks with their own money to share with people.

We've had various things over the past couple of days; pizza, chinese food, burritos... good stuff!

My store doesn't really do breakroom food anymore. We had a box of Halloween candy last week that they probably found in the steel. Most of it went home stashed in flow's lunchboxes. Previous leadership always fed us throughout Q4.

Last edited:
Our store has catering from Friday to Sunday. We have 3 different deliveries or pick up each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Drinks and snacks are requisitioned from the sales floor.

We have juice, soda, pastries, pizza, etc.

Today is Chips and Salsa at my store. Sandwich things set aside in a cart and fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back