Archived What are you guys doing on New Year's Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closing, then going to a party with friends before closing again tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good night and is safe! ;)

How is working for Uber? I've heard some good stories about it but also some horror stories about it.

I'm fighting Uber's archaic rating system, so I'm at risk of getting deactivated/fired but it's a decent gig. Making money with it is highly dependent on what car you drive for it (never never never buy a new car for Uber) since you'll be depreciating it as you drive it. The key is to find your cost per mile to drive and compare that with your Uber earnings and time spent.

For example, it costs me about .20 a mile to drive. I drove 266 miles so far this week for Uber. That's total expenses of $53.30. So far, I'm taking home $128 driving. I drove for 11.3 hours this week. $128 - 53.30 = $74.70 / 11.3 = $6.61/hour. Well below minimum wage. So far it's been a bad week but the busy time of the week (weekends) is just getting started. Weekdays are crazy slow unless you drive during rush hour.

I think a week or 2 ago I made about $11-12 an hour. Still nothing great, but more than I'm making slaving away at Target.

You will get the occasional bad rider who put in the wrong location, or just an a-hole. Pukers are not uncommon either if you drive the bar crowd.

Last edited:
My New Year's Eve ended up giving me my first NCNS ever lol. It was completely by accident because I looked at my schedule wrong but I still felt bad. I've never even been late before so I didn't even know what to do other than call still drunk and say I'm sorry.

NYE 2 BRTMs and Flow TL came in 9pm and 3 Flow TMs came around 1030pm. We finished the pulls (with the help of the TL) by 1150pm so we were able to watch the ball drop on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back