Archived what Can a seasonal TM do to stay longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immaculate attendance helps during your 90, but after that - not so much.

Work hard, be reliable, learn as much as you can. And when you're given a task to do, do it to the best of your ability and don't "half ass" it. Your attendance speaks to who you are but so does your work ethic. Whether or not you can be trusted to complete tasks correctly without being watched or babysat is important to every TL.

Have a cheerful attitude, but not so much that you spend a lot of time on chit-chat with other TMs.
Ask questions; I always appreciate a seasonal TM not being afraid to ask a question about how to do something or if they're confused. Please ask me why a pick label doesn't make sense instead of just assuming "I guess it goes here." If you don't know where the spider wraps or security boxes are or how to use them, please ask rather than put the product on the shelf without it.
There's an emphasis on doing things quickly, but it's more important to do things right. Get it right first, then build speed. (But don't dink around so much getting things perfect that 2/3 of what you've been assigned doesn't get done.)
And if you do get asked to stay on? Don't turn into a slacker after you complete your probationary period.

Your postings speak for themselves. You been with spot twice, so far.
Bathroom evemt
Gift card event

Mental Heath thread your comment:
Well, I personally believe that anybody who works at target is mentally ill and deserves a month in an asylum. Not saying that they’re any lesser of a person than I am.

From another thread your quote on seasonals:
They’ll walk you over to the offices in HR and inform you that you’re being let go because they simply cannot afford to keep you.

Work hard, be reliable, learn as much as you can. And when you're given a task to do, do it to the best of your ability and don't "half ass" it. Your attendance speaks to who you are but so does your work ethic. Whether or not you can be trusted to complete tasks correctly without being watched or babysat is important to every TL.

This. ASANTS, but mine really likes when you come in if called. Even returning phone calls (common courtesy) if you can't work is good, too. Just don't be a trash human. Do your tasks well, ask questions if you don't understand, and offer to be cross trained in other areas.

You just have to be hired into the right teams tbh. Flow TMs, cashiers, and probably Flex TMs get so many new hires and generally keep 1-4, so you have to basically be perfect or favored by the right people. Other areas hire fewer and keep relatively more because of that, so just not being terrible gives you a good chance.

I’m really sorry to hear that, you seem like a great worker from your posts
Omg thank you so much! You have no idea what it means to hear that. If only my leads would acknowledge something. Anything! I mean just a “hey thanks for staying every time we ask”. Or “hey thanks for putting all the cardboard in the baler that the others were too lazy to do”. Or just “Thanks!”. I’ll take anything at this point.
Today was terrible. Flow is so behind. Back stock is insane. Hours cut but everyone is coming in at 4 this week and next. I honestly work as fast as I can while trying not to break anything, helping guests, fixing the locations I’m stocking bc other “faster” tms stock incorrectly just to say they pushed X amount of uboats. I mean if I cut corners and didn’t try to find the correct location for things and overstocked like CRAZY just so I wouldn’t have any back stock I’d be “fast” too! 😡 I know of two tms that at times take entire boxes of repacks to backstock just bc they don’t want to have to put it all up. These are people who get called out for being “fast”. If all the leads had seen the things I have seen other tms do, I’m pretty sure they would be let go.
Anyway. Sorry for the rant. I just feel like trying to do my job correctly is working against me. It’s a shame.

Omg thank you so much! You have no idea what it means to hear that. If only my leads would acknowledge something. Anything! I mean just a “hey thanks for staying every time we ask”. Or “hey thanks for putting all the cardboard in the baler that the others were too lazy to do”. Or just “Thanks!”. I’ll take anything at this point.
Today was terrible. Flow is so behind. Back stock is insane. Hours cut but everyone is coming in at 4 this week and next. I honestly work as fast as I can while trying not to break anything, helping guests, fixing the locations I’m stocking bc other “faster” tms stock incorrectly just to say they pushed X amount of uboats. I mean if I cut corners and didn’t try to find the correct location for things and overstocked like CRAZY just so I wouldn’t have any back stock I’d be “fast” too! 😡 I know of two tms that at times take entire boxes of repacks to backstock just bc they don’t want to have to put it all up. These are people who get called out for being “fast”. If all the leads had seen the things I have seen other tms do, I’m pretty sure they would be let go.
Anyway. Sorry for the rant. I just feel like trying to do my job correctly is working against me. It’s a shame.

I feel your pain. Say something to a good lead. It's the favorite pastime of shitty regular TMs to blame seasonals for doing things wrong. If they get called out on the shitty stocking, they will say you must have done it. Tell the boss your concerns before they become a problem that costs you your job.

You just have to be hired into the right teams tbh. Flow TMs, cashiers, and probably Flex TMs get so many new hires and generally keep 1-4, so you have to basically be perfect or favored by the right people. Other areas hire fewer and keep relatively more because of that, so just not being terrible gives you a good chance.
I wouldn’t worry too much which team you are on. We had a few good seasonals from flex last year that were kept but then put on other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back