What can I expect at 2nd interview with manager?

I applied for a team member position but was called by HR to ask if I would interview for a leadership position instead. He said he felt it was a better fit for me. I'm cool with that because it aligns with my role at my previous job. I had the interview with him yesterday and and he decided on the spot to forward me to an interview with the store manager. Manager was out that day so I was schedule for that interview tomorrow. I am wondering what I can expect from that interview. Do they have a whole new set of questions to ask, particularly the situational questions? Are there additional interviews after that? Thanks for any tips!

Should be very similar to your first interview, be confident and factual. Good luck.

"Tell me about a time", talk about planning, executing, adapting, developing someone, holding someone accountable, providing great guest service, showing courage/confidence, etc. etc.

If they have you pegged for a Team Lead position, you will probably be forwarded to the District leadership.

Going to be situation questions. Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? Have you ever worked with a difficult co-worker? And what did you do in that situation.

Try to think of additional answers that show strength in adaptability/ reaction to constant change, working with people from varying backgrounds/difficult personalities, and delivering results with deadlines and minimal resources.

TLs dont typically go to district leadership anymore.
Good point.

Remember YOU ARE INTERVIEWING TARGET TOO!

I would ask the tenure of all the other TLS and ETLS because management turnover is very important.

Also in that regard don't fall for "gee turnover is high because it is retail".

TLs dont typically go to district leadership anymore.
This is very heavily dependent on district/group. Currently all TLs need DSD and HRBP sign off in my district, although if it's a position like SETL then it's more of a meet & greet.

This is very heavily dependent on district/group. Currently all TLs need DSD and HRBP sign off in my district, although if it's a position like SETL then it's more of a meet & greet.
This is simply not true.

This is simply not true.
What do you mean? This is how it works in my district; not sure how you'd be able to comment on the district promotion practice for my district since I doubt you're in mine.

Like I said, it's dependant on district. Right now the lower scope positions like SETL, Beauty TL or non-SFS FOTL have had a meet & greet sign off whereas other positions like GMTL or Style TL have had walking working interviews or multi tier interviews, even with benched TMs.

What is district leadership? I'm not familiar with the inner workings.

Update is that there really isn't an update. I had the 2nd interview on Friday that lasted about 45 minutes or so. I believe it went well. Only time will tell. I do know there are other candidates, but they are hiring for multiple TM and TL positions. The store manager said they will contact me probably by Wednesday because they want to get everything wrapped up by then. They mentioned that the HR person had gone home early and that's why. I'm not sure of procedures when hiring (or passing for that matter.) Does it matter if HR is in the building? So, here we are Monday afternoon still patiently waiting. :)

There may be no hours now.
Hours for what? I do not believe they have a shortage in hours to the point where they cannot hire anyone for the multiple open positions they have. The store manager expressed how short handed they are and really need to fill these positions quickly.

No sales & over projections on hours for the month.
That would explain why our closing TL has to go get carts after 9:00.

Target thinks saving money is having the cart attendant leave early but then you have the closing TL get them that you pay more.

That isn't saving money!

This lack of support during closing makes people quit Target.

Target thinks saving money is having the cart attendant leave early but then you have the closing TL get them that you pay more.

That isn't saving money!

It IS saving money, because the closing TL would be there getting paid anyway.

That isn't saving money!

Agreed cutting hours and support is making people quit after two weeks or even after a day.

Back