Archived What deals have you gotten at Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of free shipping but free......?
Pretty cray.

Redeye, I bought my Macbook Pro off Apple.com back in 2010, and they never charged my credit card. They only did a $1.00 charge to authorize it, but that went away a few days later. I'm still waiting for them to send me a invoice, or bill demanding payment. It probably didn't help though, that I was issued a new Visa Card two months later (the older one was approaching the expiration date)..

I hear Steve was a very generous person, but, who knows. I'll keep waiting for that Bill ;)

Yeah idk, they charged me for the ESP but not the actual camera

If I were you, I would have returned the ESP, because if it needs a "repair" they'll just give you the dollar amount you paid, which is $0 :(

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I don't think they actually repair anything, just, write it off, and sent it off to recycling.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I just think, that's how it was explained to me.

Yeah idk, they charged me for the ESP but not the actual camera

If I were you, I would have returned the ESP, because if it needs a "repair" they'll just give you the dollar amount you paid, which is $0 :(

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I don't think they actually repair anything, just, write it off, and sent it off to recycling.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I just think, that's how it was explained to me.

Well the ESP wasn't alot of money and it's expired I think anyways, idk where I put it.

We had 2 Backroom Tms camp out for the ps4 launch with their coupons, total cost was under $330, not too bad for a few hours work since one resold theirs for 550+ later that day.

My Ikea as-is section always has crap I cannot use. Good score man!

Honestly, Dan, it's a bit of a adventure. You really have to go in with a open mind, and just look. Sometimes there's nothing, but, good things do pop out or show up :)

Like right now, they have twin and full sheets, that you can match up a set for $6. That's a great buy, if you have kids at home, as you can never really have too many sets.

Sometimes, you can even find Home Appliances. No, lol, there not made by ikea. There actually make by Whirlpool (most commonly) & Electrolux. Whirlpool stuff is well made and engineered, and probably the best american brand you can buy.

Refrigerator, Oven Hoods, Wall Ovens, all sorts of cool things for a fun kitchen remodel..

Changes are, your not gonna find that one item you really want, however, eventually, it will show up in the section. It somehow always does ;)

Like this TV Stand. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60250963/

I really liked it, but, $229 is really expensive. However, @ $58, I do personally think I got a good deal. The only problem was it was missing all the knobs, which I replaced I think for $4/5?

Like I said, keep a open mind, you'll run into stuff you'll like from time to time, I promise :)

About every 5-6 months someone messes up the order at the FDC and sends us, a pfresh store, a SuperTarget pallet with all types of meat and pizza hut express items that go immediately "as-is" for 75% off. porkchops for $3, steaks for 3-5$, 2 pounds of ground chuck for $2 each. Needless to say the meat cooler gets a lot of foot traffic after word spreads that it has been ticketed.

OUr Ikea as-is is hit and miss - and I can guarantee that the times I have no money, it will be a HIT! LOL!!

I need a TV stand - but last time ours had almost nothing in the furniture end like that. Oh well, maybe next time...

My Ikea as-is section always has crap I cannot use. Good score man!

Honestly, Dan, it's a bit of a adventure. You really have to go in with a open mind, and just look. Sometimes there's nothing, but, good things do pop out or show up :)

Yeah, I really don't visit Ikea that often, unlike Target where I can be in the store with online-only crap 2 or 3x a week. If I was in Ikea every 2 or 3 days, I would probably find stuff. I should go in, it's not that far from Target. I also just got a BJ's membership from Groupon for $35 plus a $25 gift card (making the membership $10!) and that is right near my Ikea so I'll probably be stopping in Ikea more often.

Yeah, I really don't visit Ikea that often, unlike Target where I can be in the store with online-only crap 2 or 3x a week. If I was in Ikea every 2 or 3 days, I would probably find stuff. I should go in, it's not that far from Target. I also just got a BJ's membership from Groupon for $35 plus a $25 gift card (making the membership $10!) and that is right near my Ikea so I'll probably be stopping in Ikea more often.

Here's a way to save yourself a bunch of time. Walk in through the Exit Doors, (where the downstairs cafe is) and walk through the checkouts, and to the "as is" section. You'll save yourself a boat load of time, not having to cross though the entire store and warehouse. ;)

My wife loves Ikea.
Half our furniture is from there and she likes to play spot the Ikea in commercials and movies.
I'm just glad it's in the next state over or we'd be there every weekend.

What'd be wrong with that ;) lol

About every 5-6 months someone messes up the order at the FDC and sends us, a pfresh store, a SuperTarget pallet with all types of meat and pizza hut express items that go immediately "as-is" for 75% off. porkchops for $3, steaks for 3-5$, 2 pounds of ground chuck for $2 each. Needless to say the meat cooler gets a lot of foot traffic after word spreads that it has been ticketed.

Heard that. Deli meat chubs. Pfresh has no clue what they are. Pricing usually tosses 2 bucks on them. DIBS!

I've been eyeing the bar cart we've had on an end cap for a while. I went into my favorite Target and saw 5 of them in clearance for 90 and change. I say ok it's lower than the original price and I have a gift card from Christmas so I'll get it. Cashier rings it up and says "$37.18." MY WEEK IS MADE and it's only Monday!!

Here's a way to save yourself a bunch of time. Walk in through the Exit Doors, (where the downstairs cafe is) and walk through the checkouts, and to the "as is" section. You'll save yourself a boat load of time, not having to cross though the entire store and warehouse. ;)

I can't stand how Ikea is set up, you have to walk through everything pretty much, it's not so much a store, it's a maze!
It's so hard to shop through with kids (even if you have them go to the play land for an hour, that's not long enough to go through the whole store!)

Not a huge discount, but was browsing our electronics clearance & found an online item book that I had been wanting to read, marked down to $1.92 because it was an online item.
Also got a new toaster oven for I think around $45 that was regularly $60-70, all because it was a repackage. That was exciting.

And this wasn't when I worked at Target, but when I was planning my wedding a couple years ago I got some great deals on clearance Christmas ornaments to use for decorations and some cute little favor things for dirt cheap. And I managed to stash them away for close to a year and not lose/forget them!

Last year, our tree sat on a tub in the training room for three months before we just tossed it.

This year we sold it.

Bought a PS3 in October that had gone down to 70% plus my TM and REDcard discounts. Ended up paying something like $54 after tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back