Archived What do the sales floor team members do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nasty habit of not calling guests guests when I'm not on the clock. It's a pretty easy mistake to make if you've got a history of working retail where you're already used to calling them customers. :p

And to be clear, I have no problem whatsoever back up cashiering, since I'm cross trained in electronics and was originally a cashier hire. It's just not a thing I'm personally responsible for when working sales floor.

I know, was just giving you a jab :eek:

You're a 100% wrong then... Because we are 100% a logistics team with hours coming from logistics. Take it from someone who makes the schedule for an instocks team... Especially since we have a logistics tl (backroom) and report to the logistics etl.
Well, when I make a schedule for sales floor, I have to manually remove instocks and price change from the list because they are part of the sales floor too...

And it goes right back to the line with a green clip.

What I see sometimes is when sftm's combine the charge backs with back stock, the defective items get back stocked.

Yes, on the daily grid, instocks and price change are listed under salesfloor.

If you are talking about the grid that lists everyones breaks, I as a price change team member have never shown up on the grid. Instocks on the other hand will show up.

If you are talking about the grid that lists everyones breaks, I as a price change team member have never shown up on the grid. Instocks on the other hand will show up.
That's just because whoever prints the break schedule isn't including price change. You choose which workcenters you want to print.

Nah, that's the break schedule. Grid is the gray one that has everyone's shift for the day.

At my store, sales floor does the usual stuff that has already been mentioned in this thread. They are also expected to do their own pulls (because backroom gets annoyed if you ask them to help you with a pull for a guest), back-up constantly (our store is severally understaffed in cashiers), and sort out reshop (guest service gets annoyed when we go up there and don't sort). So essentially, sales floor does a lot of different things and it's one of the most annoying positions at Target. Sometimes I wonder how they expect us to do everything that we're required to do in the short shifts that they give us, now that hours have been cut.

Mine:

Guest First
Strays
Zoning

Instocks team (meaning 2 people) work tandemly with the other "teams."

Instocks is a logistics process and price change is under the PPTL, who usually reports to logistics.
Pricechange is under the PPTL but moved to the sale floor last year when they all had to open their availability to 8 to 11 pm and they all started coming in at 8 am.. they all became service instead of task.

We put it in our price change TM's area when he's not looking...

My BR team did that to me once. I threw it in a random waco down an aisle. Serves him right. Lol. After the 3rd time repeating this game he asked me what he should I wanted him do with it. I told him to walk it up front to guest services on his way off the clock.. Or kindly set it aside and ask me to do it.

Not sure for everyone but i pick up flow teams slack and garbage and hidden boxes and work those out. I finish pulls morning tms leave scattered throughout the store. I run for call boxes, help guests, work my own pulls, do my own pulls for guests from the back room, answer phones, unlock stuff for people in electronics, cover breaks and lunches, crush my own cardboard, put backstock where it should go (not all do), listen to guests bitch that we don't have stuff, zone, put stuff where flow should have put it since they fill open areas with everything under the sun, reshop, etc

Last edited:
Fix this crap from flow in the daily.
Looks so much like my store :(

Sales floor team members are basically used for anything that the LOD needs them for.

• Instocks
  • hardlines (abandon from guest services)
  • Softlines
  • Zone
  • Clean up's
  • Code 1's
  • Cart Attendant's
Now during the day most of the time at least a good store you will have your assigned department but even so you will still answer code 1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back