Archived What do the sales floor team members do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push CAFs, push gobacks/reshop, help guests in-store, help the operator take calls, respond for guest first, and zone before the store closes.
And, yes, leave trash and damaged merchandise for the backroom.

Push CAFs, push gobacks/reshop, help guests in-store, help the operator take calls, respond for guest first, and zone before the store closes.
And, yes, leave trash and damaged merchandise for the backroom.

You mean in the backroom since the backroom team doesn't deal with the trash, except for the cardboard which is the sales floor responsibility, too.

You mean in the backroom since the backroom team doesn't deal with the trash, except for the cardboard which is the sales floor responsibility, too.
Yeah I was a backroom TM for over a year. Hardlines and flow at my store always leave garbage in with the backstock. SFTMs are usually also supposed to leave chargebacks at guest service.

Yeah I was a backroom TM for over a year. Hardlines and flow at my store always leave garbage in with the backstock. SFTMs are usually also supposed to leave chargebacks at guest service.

One thing I see when the sftm's do is when they leave stuff that needs info. Like how can the backroom deal with that stuff if it does it has no info on it.

Technically price change, instocks, hardlines, and softlines TMs are all sales floor TMs. But I assume you're just talking about hardlines and softlines. HL & SL TMs are basically a workforce to use for anything on the floor. We usually use them to push priority pulls/go backs or for miscellaneous projects during the day shifts. Then they zone and push gobacks for the closing shifts.

They also have to answer phone calls, backup cashier and respond to call buttons throughout their shifts. (This goes for ALL sales floor TMs, not just hard lines and soft lines. :mad:) They are Target's sales associates.

What do they do? All I see they do is stand around and talk.
;)

Who exactly are they talking to? Later in the day after 2 we have like 1 hardlines and 1 softlines and then your operator, electronics and market. Barely anyone actually on the floor later in the day. We are lucky if aside from Eletronics, Market and Operator we even have ANYONE under hardlines or softlines from 8am-6pm

Technically price change, instocks, hardlines, and softlines TMs are all sales floor TMs. But I assume you're just talking about hardlines and softlines. HL & SL TMs are basically a workforce to use for anything on the floor. We usually use them to push priority pulls/go backs or for miscellaneous projects during the day shifts. Then they zone and push gobacks for the closing shifts.

They also have to answer phone calls, backup cashier and respond to call buttons throughout their shifts. (This goes for ALL sales floor TMs, not just hard lines and soft lines. :mad:) They are Target's sales associates.
In stock are logistics team members

Instocks is a logistics process and price change is under the PPTL, who usually reports to logistics.

They do the stuff backroom would cry about doing. An hour to pull a batch? Lol. Bunch a no bale making bums.

* except soft lines. They're just terrible.

Instocks is a logistics process and price change is under the PPTL, who usually reports to logistics.
Instocks and price change both come from sales floor hours. Trust me I'm 100% positive they are sales floor team members. But yes they typically report to logistics leaders.

Yeah, it's pretty much this. I maybe have a bit of time to talk to Target mobile or chat with another sales floor TM, but there's always somewhere that could be zoned, or something to be put on shelves, so my time to talk is mostly spent guest servicing customers, which, you know, is talk Target actually wants me to do.

That said, electronics TMs are immune to backup cashiering for the most part.

Yeah, it's pretty much this. I maybe have a bit of time to talk to Target mobile or chat with another sales floor TM, but there's always somewhere that could be zoned, or something to be put on shelves, so my time to talk is mostly spent guest servicing customers, which, you know, is talk Target actually wants me to do.

Who?

And it goes right back to the line with a green clip.

Not at ULV stores.

Not at ULV stores.

I think some leaders and TMS would have a reality check if they had to work at these lower volume stores, especially my store. Constant backup cashiering, nobody on the floor at night after all the process teams leave. By this I mean after 2:30 we have Fitting Room, Electronics and Market. Electronics leaves around 8 and Market at 7. Fitting room anywhere from 7-9 leaves. Then we get like 1 TM in Softlines 6-10 and 1 TM in HL 6-10.

GOOD LUCK if you have to close. May the Odds be ever in your favor!!!! The other night there was a good hour straight I was just backup cashiering, grabbing carts, helping with carryouts, carryins, pulling item from the back and other random guest things and im PFRESH

We do 1st impressions, zone, push cafs, reshops, push whatever flow leaves behind, research, superzone on focus aisles, push mclane, salesplanners, backup cashier, call buttons, pull items from your own dept's exf batches, pull your own research batches and backstock what was left from it, backstock what you took down(or whatever etls pulled down/killed) or any backstock from the batch that you pulled, and many backstock from the caf pulls, help pfresh push their stuff. This is most from morning salesfloor tms (not the special process tms although they used to do the same stuff, one instock tm still do) in my store. Instocks pulls and backstock their own research batches. ASANTS.

I have a nasty habit of not calling guests guests when I'm not on the clock. It's a pretty easy mistake to make if you've got a history of working retail where you're already used to calling them customers. :p

And to be clear, I have no problem whatsoever back up cashiering, since I'm cross trained in electronics and was originally a cashier hire. It's just not a thing I'm personally responsible for when working sales floor.

Instocks and price change both come from sales floor hours. Trust me I'm 100% positive they are sales floor team members. But yes they typically report to logistics leaders.
You're a 100% wrong then... Because we are 100% a logistics team with hours coming from logistics. Take it from someone who makes the schedule for an instocks team... Especially since we have a logistics tl (backroom) and report to the logistics etl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back