Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicken tenders from food avenue, or go to the mall across the street on a payday to get something good.. otherwise i just wait til i get off

I usually bring frozen dinners, sandwiches, or leftovers from the night before. Every once in a while, usually Saturdays, if I'm having a bad day I'll buy something as a "treat" - but I usually end up hating myself afterwards! Greasy Pizza Hut is not as awesome as it seems like it's going to be on a crappy day! Other times, I'll stop by Subway or get a Sheetz MTO in the morning, for lunch later.

ughhhhhh i miss sheetz soooo much where i live there aren't any

I usually eat the hopes and dreams of seasonal or new TMs.

When I became the CTL, I was bothered by the amount of food being tossed even though common sense would dictate it was ok to eat. Since we donate our max % for taxes, I approached the STL and pleaded the case that this wasted food could be put in the breakroom. I argued that it could be the best or most food some of our TMs get in a day. I mentioned that we have a lot of TMs who work 15-20 hours a week at a crap wage and can't find a second job in this economy and area. The STL was fine as long as it was only me and the ETLs QMOSing and putting it into the break room, it wasn't expired dairy, and everything that was SDEF had to have a License Plate on it. Later I convinced the DSD vendors to let me have their credits that they would normally toss into the compactor (Nabisco/Kraft and Kelloggs were big contributors). It helped TMs try products they may not normally buy or be able to purchase on their own. Kind of an indirect sampling for vendor product. HR likes this because it saves on requisitioning food from the 549 account for FFF events. Happy TMs are fed TMs.

I should bring this up tomorrow.

I eat the market pantry sliders and the Simply Balanced Blood Orange drink

I usually eat the hopes and dreams of seasonal or new TMs.

When I became the CTL, I was bothered by the amount of food being tossed even though common sense would dictate it was ok to eat. Since we donate our max % for taxes, I approached the STL and pleaded the case that this wasted food could be put in the breakroom. I argued that it could be the best or most food some of our TMs get in a day. I mentioned that we have a lot of TMs who work 15-20 hours a week at a crap wage and can't find a second job in this economy and area. The STL was fine as long as it was only me and the ETLs QMOSing and putting it into the break room, it wasn't expired dairy, and everything that was SDEF had to have a License Plate on it. Later I convinced the DSD vendors to let me have their credits that they would normally toss into the compactor (Nabisco/Kraft and Kelloggs were big contributors). It helped TMs try products they may not normally buy or be able to purchase on their own. Kind of an indirect sampling for vendor product. HR likes this because it saves on requisitioning food from the 549 account for FFF events. Happy TMs are fed TMs.

Putting that effort forth is very admirable. Good job!

I push hard to make sure what does not go to the break room, gets donated.. I needed food banks at a time past, so it hits hard when I see big trash barrels full of food go into the compactor..

And agreed great thinking there..

those EVOL meals are soooo delicious!! I always buy them for lunch, the burrito & Chicken Chipotle Mac & Cheese is my favorite! They are also high in protein :)

I generally being a ton of water, carrots and cheese strings. Sometimes I will grab a turkey sandwich, banana walnut slice from Starbucks and on those days I hate myself I will get a pizza and regret it immediately!
I generally work 8 hour shifts so I can't just not eat. I would probably pass out!

I don't often eat the food at work. Once in awhile I'll have a flatbread and half a kids order of fries but not often. I take salad, leftovers from the night before, vegetables, yogurt, and cheese and nuts for snacks.

Work lunch, I keep a lunch bag in the fridge that I keep things in to pick from all week.
- bag salad and I buy a pouch of tuna
- large container of yogurt
- container of fruit
- trail mix
- large container of cottage cheese
- bag apples
- grapes
- microwave bacon, some salad
- pepperoni, tomato, string cheese

we have a pf at my store and just a fa when we had remodel they talked about starbucks but i think our execs shot it down, our store was once a greatland so we have plenty of room for it.

i try to bring leftovers but if there is none i go to market i like the string cheese but i dont think we are carrying the single ones anymore, those protein packs the cheese chicken and peanuts, or i will get a frozen lean cuisine dinner or those fast fries. sometimes i go to fa but i am very picky about what i eat there. not a fan of the chicken bites and my store just pulls two huge handfulls on the tray to go in the quick oven

I used to get a bunch of crap during my break like Five Guys and McDonald's, but I've been getting Panera lately. 440 calories and 22 grams of fat is pretty healthy for a chicken caesar salad!

Yakisoba noodles Spicy Chicken
Those $1 frozen pizza
Soda

Or

Creamy Alfredo
Breadsticks
Large soda

IReally need to change my eating habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back