Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate a Pepperoni Pizza Lunchables today for the first time. I was hungry and thought, "What the heck. It's only a dollar". I took one bite and threw the rest away. SO GROSS

I think it was discontinued chain wide, but the vegetarian quinoa chili was the best!

On a related note, I really like the sweet earth burritos. The Peruvian is my favorite.
Not at our store, but Panera's turkey chili is tasty. I'm bummed they got rid of the French onion :(

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! :(:(:(:(:( MY PRINTER DIED :(:(:(:(:( I'm addicted to the buffalo mac & cheese.

They took it off recently. It's times like those that I wish I could (legally) skirt the 2-coupon limit. The only evol product I did not like were the taco cart tacos. Great idea but bad execution as it was more soggy than anything.

So I was on lunch the other day and stopped by the deli to grab a sandwich... I started chatting with the deli tm, and I brought up that I heard that some stores have sushi...and he pointed to his right and said "See all that stuff over there? That's supposed to be our sushi-making area." So we are equipped to do it
...but we are not doing it.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO?!

Hold on now. Ask yourself. Do you WANT them making sushi? What kind of sushi do you think they can make? I can't imagine what a Target brand sushi would be like. All the Albertsons in my area sell fresh sushi, but it's an outside chef who makes it, professionally.

It actually IS an outside chef that prepares the sushi, and only he/she can do the ordering, receive ingredients, etc. I don't think my store is getting it though.

Two of the Supers in my area make sushi and have been for several years. It's REALLY popular, and I'm not exaggerating. I don't eat sushi though so I can't comment on if it is good or not, but we sold a ton of it at my old store. And yes, it's an outside chef who comes in and prepares it, someone that works nowhere else in the store. The person's job is to come in, make sushi, and that's it. Not a deli TM or anything else, just sushi. The sushi also doesn't carry Target or Market Pantry or Archer Farms labels either I believe. If Target Café and deli could sell food like the sushi people, they'd be rolling in it.

I tend to have the same thing most days, one of the Morning Star products. Usually the nuggets or buffalo wings. Sometimes I have Gardein's chik'n sliders when I know we have filler for it in the fridge. Every now and then I'm lazy and grab some ez mac or noodles (cup ramen if I'm budgeting hard). I rarely ever bring my own food.

When I didn't have time to pack a full lunch I grabbed an apple, a handful of Triscuits & a small chunk of cheddar. Apple & cheese are filling & energy boosters.
I also kept some Mio (or other brand) drops & a water bottle.

Last edited:
They took it off recently. It's times like those that I wish I could (legally) skirt the 2-coupon limit. The only evol product I did not like were the taco cart tacos. Great idea but bad execution as it was more soggy than anything.
Good, I don't feel like slitting my wrists now~LOL!

They took it off recently. It's times like those that I wish I could (legally) skirt the 2-coupon limit.
For some reason.. on the two different Mac's I've gone through, that limit has never worked right. It's only on a PC.. that it seems to be enforced :p

Also - Print off coupons, on a old computer, that's one way to legally skirt the limit. Just don't copy them, we don't get reimbursed for that.

I either bring for home or make stun to chipotle McDonalds or the mall down the road and hit up the food court

I usually end up scrounging around for something. If there's nothing in the breakroom [I have no idea where the eff their peanut butter is hiding...] and I have a little money on hand, I grab me a pretzel at Food Ave. I freaking love those pretzels. If I had the time, I'd buy a bag of popcorn because it just smells so freaking good, and it tempts me all day every day, especially when I'm on the front lanes.

Lately though, we've had left over goodies from our Black Friday madness. All the sandwiches are gone, but there are plenty of gallons of tea and Simply Balanced and Market Pantry snacks. I'm terribly addicted to the S.B fruit strips. Oh my gawwwd.

If I'm really hungry I'll get the Amy's brand Mac n cheese with broccoli bowl. It's the best quality frozen meal I've ever had. So good.

I also frequently get a lean cuisine, a pack of m&ms, and a sweet tea.

And this is why I don't lose weight haha

Omg. Yesterday I forgot my wallet. I had some bread and cheese still (sometimes I just buy sandwich ingredients and keep it in the fridge) so I was planning to buy ham. So, I placed an order for pickup and put tuna in it for my sandwich since my red card etc is saved in the app. For some reason flexes weren't happening as fast as usual, so my meal came before my order was pulled.

Luckily, I remembered that I could buy a mobile gift card, so I did that and got ham for my sandwich. My phone died maybe 5 minutes later. I canceled the order during my last 15.

I used to eat a pizza with breadsticks and a fountain drink, but that was getting very expensive. Now I eat two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a small gatorade.

A bite of hot dog after checking its temp and QMOSing it every two hours as required. :/ 50% of my daily value of sodium in every bite! :D

Two hours? It's 4 hours here, but I toss em after 3.

Usually a banana in the morning if im opening. Those sausage and egg cheese biscuits for first break. Lunch always grab chovani yogurt cups, cheese and turkey lunchables and a main course like some healthy burritos or a homemade meal like salmon, turkey, chicken breast with brown rice. Second break I usually supplement with pb snacks or another lunchables and like to grab a gallon of choco fair life milk and chug that if I didn't bring in a protein shake

Last edited:
Necroing this to let you guys know that those new D'Amico pizzas from the deli (Likely ST only) work perfectly in the Food Ave TurboChef. I split one with one of the triple meat pies of my peers and it was delicious.

Hotdogs out, salads and ‘artisan’ pizza in as Target trials café overhaul

Target will launch a trial at 14 of its stores – 3 of them in Minnesota – that will see its cafés replaced by “fast-casual” restaurants offering fresher, healthier meals to shoppers.

The Minneapolis-based retailer earlier this year revealed plans to revamp its grocery and food offering, changing its focus to cater for the growing demand for more natural, organic options.

As part of that transformation it will roll out this October new concepts at 14 of its stores, with California-based salad and soup chain Freshii, Pizza Hut, and Wayzata-based D’Amico & Sons Italian Kitchen opening eateries intended to replace the traditional Target café.

“This touches three important priorities at Target – Wellness, Food and Localization,” a Target spokesperson told BringMeTheNews. “This test demonstrates how Target is addressing our guest’s changing mindset by thinking differently about an important in-store experience.”

Three Minnesota stores will be involved in the trial, with its store at The Quarry in northeast Minneapolis getting a Freshii location.

D’Amico & Sons will set up shop at the Super Targets in Maple Grove and Edina.

USA Today reports the move represents an end to Target customers “munching on big-box staples like hotdogs and gooey nachos” while they shop; instead they’ll have a wider choice of healthy salads, pressed juices, and freshly-made pizza.

Although Pizza Hut doesn’t necessarily scream healthy eating, the newspaper notes that the new ones in Target’s trial will be revamped versions offering “artisan pies.”

Target told BringMeTheNews that more than 40 percent of Target shoppers use its café options while they shop, so maximizing the potential of its food service options could be a big win for the retailer.

The company posted positive 2nd Quarter results earlier this week, another step forward in the company’s ongoing transformation after a turbulent few years’ trading, but admitted its next set of results won’t be as positive and highlighted that empty shelves in stores are hampering progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back