Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have cucumber wraps or Sriracha sandwiches either, what the hell?
I QUIT

My store also had a lot of organic stuff, too.

Some of it, was kinda sucky. And a lot of it, really good.

The Peanut Butter & Co, Peanut Butter, is worth traveling to a super, just to get...

Pair it together, with fresh bread from the bakery, and you have a amazing sandwich. ;)

Anyone ever have the Penera soup? Are any of them tasty?
YES. They are amazing. And they're organic :) The broccoli and cheese one is my personal favorite...and the tomato bisque one is a close second. The tortilla soup one is good as well. I tried the lobster bisque one one time but it didn't really hit the spot for me. Not bad but not amazing. And there's a potato one that I have not tried yet. The only down side to those soups is they are pretty expensive...like 4.49 for the smaller container and over 7 for the bigger one...I can eat the whole smaller one in one sitting and the bigger one I'll eat like half of in one sitting and the other half later the same day.

Anyone ever have the Penera soup? Are any of them tasty?
I think it was discontinued chain wide, but the vegetarian quinoa chili was the best!

On a related note, I really like the sweet earth burritos. The Peruvian is my favorite.

I try to bring my own lunch. Usually a basic sandwich, chips, and yogurt lunch. But i forget to put it together or wake up too late to do it often, so ill buy a premade sandwich from pfresh most of the time

i know it's terrible, but i will usually only eat a snack bag of cheetos from the vending machine on my lunch. they are so good and when i have a dollar just sitting in my wallet i pretty much can't resist.

Lately, it's whatever I bring. We almost never have food in the backroom anymore. We only have food if we are green for a specific metric that is listed on the calendar. And we have been mostly red for just about everything, or so it seems.

So I was on lunch the other day and stopped by the deli to grab a sandwich... I started chatting with the deli tm, and I brought up that I heard that some stores have sushi...and he pointed to his right and said "See all that stuff over there? That's supposed to be our sushi-making area." So we are equipped to do it
...but we are not doing it.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO?!

So I was on lunch the other day and stopped by the deli to grab a sandwich... I started chatting with the deli tm, and I brought up that I heard that some stores have sushi...and he pointed to his right and said "See all that stuff over there? That's supposed to be our sushi-making area." So we are equipped to do it
...but we are not doing it.

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. WHO DO I COMPLAIN TO?!

Hold on now. Ask yourself. Do you WANT them making sushi? What kind of sushi do you think they can make? I can't imagine what a Target brand sushi would be like. All the Albertsons in my area sell fresh sushi, but it's an outside chef who makes it, professionally.

[QUOTE"Kartman, post: 202847, member: 12369"]Your store needs to get it together.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, It would be nice.

Hold on now. Ask yourself. Do you WANT them making sushi? What kind of sushi do you think they can make? I can't imagine what a Target brand sushi would be like. All the Albertsons in my area sell fresh sushi, but it's an outside chef who makes it, professionally.
There is actually some info under the Pilots link on Workbench. I think it's called Sushi Avenue. There are some very strict guidelines there if I remember correctly. It actually IS an outside chef that prepares the sushi, and only he/she can do the ordering, receive ingredients, etc. I don't think my store is getting it though.

I'm so glad they brought the Lean Cuisine Chicken Club Panini back. Bits of bacon, chicken, ranch sauce and cheese on sourdough bread. So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back