Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love home cooked foods. I avoid microwaved food like the plague. You know how bad that radioactive crap is for you? That is another reason I avoid eating at work. If I ever get really hungry, (since I'm pregnant and all :p) I eat a salad.

I love home cooked foods. I avoid microwaved food like the plague. You know how bad that radioactive crap is for you? That is another reason I avoid eating at work. If I ever get really hungry, (since I'm pregnant and all :p) I eat a salad.

From the World Health Organization's page on microwave ovens.

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/info_microwaves/en/

Misconceptions: To dispel some misconceptions, it is important to realize that food cooked in a microwave oven does not become "radioactive".
Nor does any microwave energy remain in the cavity or the food after the microwave oven is switched off. In this respect, microwaves act just like light; when the light bulb is turned off, no light remains.

I only eat if I'm getting a 30 minute lunch. I would prefer not to be rushed by trying to eat during a 15.

Usually I make a half a sandwich, or fill a small container with some chicken/rice/broccoli that I can heat up. I don't do the pizza hut pizzas anymore. I had one early on in my days at Target, and it did awful things to my stomach later on.

I usually will just have a soda and some crackers on my first break...then just a soda on lunch. If were to eat a meal at work...I would be useless the rest of the day....it would be naptime for sure

Whole wheat, low carb tortilla, rolled up with a slice of Turkey and swiss, Srirachi sauce. Cup of cantalop/grapes.

I'm on a diet to lose that last 10lb. Sucks. I'm dying for a burger!

If you are dying for a burger, try the original Boca burger. It's a meat substitute. Layer on the onions, raw or fried, ketchup, toasted bun. Yum

A lot of stuff. Basically full meals for each break.

I guess it's the brutal physical nature of DC work that makes us all gluttons. It's not unusual to see someone bring in a whole pizza, racks of ribs, or several subs for break.

I almost always bring a sandwhich. I use the 100 calorie flat out sandwich fold things and put ham, lettuce and cheese on it. yum yum. and i bring applesauce, a bag of chips, or anything i have laying around for a side. and always a cherry coke zero!

Greek yogurt and fruit on my break. Usually a salad and some protein on lunch. I try to bring things from home or buy food from the floor that will last for several meals. Sometimes leftovers. I've sworn off food ave and sbux.

I usually always got a Food Ave Pizza on break and some Mountain Dew (need that Caffeine to get me going if I want to finish all that zoning :p )

I usually always got a Food Ave Pizza on break and some Mountain Dew (need that Caffeine to get me going if I want to finish all that zoning :p )

Sorry the vid is crappy quality... But I don't get how ppl get an energy kick from Dew. It does nothing for me as far as energy.

I and several of my TMs are addicted to the pretzel bun ham and Swiss sandwich we have in Pfresh. It's so good in the microwave and barring sodium, it's not that unhealthy.

It is good tho!

I and several of my TMs are addicted to the pretzel bun ham and Swiss sandwich we have in Pfresh. It's so good in the microwave and barring sodium, it's not that unhealthy.
I never thought about the microwave. May have to try that next time I'm in the mood for a sandwich. I really like the cranberry chicken salad sandwich we sell.

I never thought about the microwave. May have to try that next time I'm in the mood for a sandwich.

HA! I didn't either until my TL did it. Now I cannot eat it cold!

I usually bring in leftovers. I enjoy the Amy's pizza squares some times too.

For breaks, either some trail mix/granola bars/nuts/hummus/that sort of thing. I bring either a frozen dinner or leftovers for lunch. I try to only drink water but lately my medication is making me so tired I might have to start bringing pop again. I don't know how people a) afford Food Ave every day (unless they've got a hookup or something) or simply don't eat for their entire shift. I'm glad compliance is at 6 hours because by 5 I get cranky (even if I ate before work).

1st break I just have a cup of ice water from the soda machine at Starbucks. I used to grab a candy bar as well but Spot kept discontinuing the ones I liked.

Am I the only one who eats out for lunch? After 5+ hours, I can't wait to get out of the building! There are so many fast food places around my store that I could easily go 2 weeks without going to the same place twice. My top 3 are probably Wendy's, Panda Express, or Taco Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back