Archived What do you eat at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed most TMs at my store either eat ramen or the provided PB and jelly sandwiches or Pizza Hut. What do you guys eat?

I'll bring stuff for a sandwich (turkey, provolone, mayo, bread, baby spinach) and make it fresh on lunch. Eat the chicken tenders, bacon egg and cheese, and Pizza Hut every so often. Will bring stuff in for a salad or buy the chicken one at Food Ave.

Any ideas?

i get those packs of tuna salad and make a sandwich with apple slices and chips, i bring salads, leftovers, and sometimes just some cheese, olives, apple slices, carrots, and those laughing cow cheese wedges. Most of the time i bring real random finger foods.

After doing minor backup work at Cafe, made it a point to never eat that pizza or the breadsticks. :bad:

Chicken tenders, hashbrowns, and hotdogs were manageable. PS: the tomato soup with a kids grilled cheese = yummy on a bad day. Otherwise, one of those frozen marie calendar-type things from pfresh.

I have a terrible Starbucks addiction- I usually have some form of espresso every morning at 8am sharp; along with almost all the other TLs. Right now I've been having one of those naughty pumpkin cookies from food ave, (I know they are so bad for you! ) I usually don't eat at my other breaks, because I get done @12:30 and eat lunch at home.

idk if any of you are from the los angeles area, but we have something called king taco, theres one right down the street from my store! and its so bomb!

My boys brown-bag 'cause Momma brown-bags (lead by example).
Before they hit the shower at night, we have a lunch-making party in the kitchen. Unless it's PB&J, sandwiches get lettuce or other greens; chips or pretzels in a ziploc; some fruit & a granola bar. I'll sometimes pack a salad & crackers.
Money's too tight for me to buy lunch.

Depends on the shift was,

if I was doing a...
under 6hr closing shift - frozen dinner or grab snack from FA. I might go out after work to grab dinner or go home and eat depending how late it was. There were days where I was only eating lunch and junk food to get me through the day; eating dinner was a impossible task when too tired.

6 hr shift anytime - I went out for lunch

Last edited:
I eat MP lime popsicles.
Energy drinks.
microwave meals and/or veggies ... nothing too grand.

I want energy, not to feel full and comfortable or I will loath being at Spot even further.

If I have a lunch, I will generally grab a $2 frozen meal. I've lost quite a bit of weight eating those things. Otherwise it's just a Pepsi or chips or whatever junk is in the breakroom.

The other cashier tonight was snacking on Halloween candy for her dinner that she grabbed out of the control room...said she couldn't afford anything else (of course...she told me when we first met that she only works because she wants to because her rich psychologist fiancee pays for everything). So who the hell knows.

what's wrong with the pizza and breadsticks?!

If prepped correctly, they are tasty! Sometimes I'll splurge for a Pizza Hut Express pizza if I see one coming out around the corner in the oven. Those things are delicious the first five minutes out of the oven. Still piping hot and melty, gooey cheese.

But depends on the TMs and how they work, knowing the good ones is part of the battle (I wish they all were *SIGH*). Putting too little or too much sauce/cheese/pep can make or break. Same with the panning prep the day before. There is a reason there is a certain time frame the food can be sitting out there before it has to be thrown out and QMOS. I've seen some TMs truly stretch out that time longer than necessary and the food turns into cardboard. I always peek at the time written on the back!

But if I don't bring a lunch and don't feel like spending too much at the FA/Café, I'll look for sales in the frozen dinner aisle. Sometimes Lunchables, but those things seem smaller nowadays than I remember. I rather wait until I get home to eat something substantial.

I purposely make dinners at home so I have something to eat at work. Pot of chili when it's cold, goulash, a pizza, etc. I get tired of the frozen things and the Food Ave./ Pizza Hut stuff barely meets the minimum standards by which you can call it food.

subway / $1 bag of chips from SSS.

Planning on starting to eat soup or a frozen entre starting next week but we'll see how it goes

Being at a SuperT has its advantages. I almost always go to Frozen and buy something there, along with a yogurt cup from dairy. My favorite things:
1. Hot pockets
2. TaiPei(?) Asian bowls
3. Zatarains New Orleans bowls
4. Boston Market entrees

All amazing stuff. And with so many choices I can keep myself interested. Of course I rarely try anything new now but there's always that option. I just wish they served bigger portions..

Take out...Subway/Taco Bell/McDonalds...but not most of the time

usually either nothing (I'd eat after work, I worked days mostly) or frozen pizza or an archer farms salad

pizza hut in store is way too greasy to eat on a regular basis

My three normal choices if i'm hungry. Subway 5 dollar footlong , Qdoba or just grab a whole chicken from deli (this becomes lunch and dinner) . Not so hungry I'll go for greek yogurt or a protein bar .

Subway. On my Subway card I got 400 points just from my break meals in 6 months. I you want to feed yourselves in the Subway, buy a Subway gift card with your 14.6% discount. :excited:

On my 15s, I tend to get a salted pretzel. Used to be nachos, but we got rid of them a while ago. :(

For lunch, it doesn't vary an awful lot. Hot pockets or pizza. If I stay later or otherwise don't bring food with me, I'll sometimes get Chicken Tenders and Fries from Food Ave.

Yay! Food! :)

Now that that's out of the way ( btw, I luv food ), since I try to be very health conscious and such, and frankly in our line of work for various reasons that DOES NOT always work the way I'd like, it's typically the following for me:

15 min break: Small piece of fruit from home such as a banana or an apple, or store-bought string cheese and almonds or cashews. ( On the really bad days I go for my favorite chips and maybe a Cherry Coke. )

Lunch: From home will usually be salad ( spinach, onions, tomatoes, baby carrots, maybe feta cheese ) or beans & rice or last night's leftovers....used to do homemade spaghetti & fell out of the habit. Subway is also an option, or if some of the more natural/organic frozen food selections are on sale, I grab one of those and take advantage of the extra sit-down time...

Now if I could just stay away from starbucks for a decent length of time, I'd be set...

A long time ago I brought my lunch but thieves started taking people's food in the fridge ( sad isn't it??) they take people's drinks etc,etc we never know who it is so it's gamble really... Anyways I buy my lunch from Target cafe sometimes breadsticks sometimes a pretzel sometimes french fries. I wish we had more fast food around us but sadly all we have is Chick-a-fil ( eh) and a greasy spoon restaurant so nothing exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back