Archived What do you view as being the most difficult TL position to be successful at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are doing a great job.
That seems a bit sarcastic to me. Having a paycheck and job security is more than enough for me. I don’t need the recognition. My team does . In my opinion flow and backroom are the backbone. Without us unloading , pulling and stocking the store would look like it would go out of business .

Amen. If our ETL-Log would have taken a world cruise our backroom would have run a Hell of a lot better, faster and more efficiently. Our team knew what they were doing and did not need the micromanagement they were subjected to until the most of veterans quit. Rookie team this Q4 with rookie leadership.
Karma at her best.🙄
I have to tell you that my etl log is in the backroom for hours everyday, either pulling , cleaning anything .

It's not a good sign when management has to help that much. It is nice when they make an appearance and help out from time to time, but in any industry management should be doing their job and not need to do their underlings work. When it happens it typically means there are problems.

Hey, maybe they just like the work and all is well! 🤷‍♀️

That seems a bit sarcastic to me. Having a paycheck and job security is more than enough for me. I don’t need the recognition. My team does . In my opinion flow and backroom are the backbone. Without us unloading , pulling and stocking the store would look like it would go out of business .
Straight up, you are doing a great job and the fact that you want recognition for your team and not yourself proves it. Without backroom/ flow replenishing the floor, the store would go out of business.👍

I have to tell you that my etl log is in the backroom for hours everyday, either pulling , cleaning anything .
You’re lucky. My last ETL wouldn’t lift a finger for the backroom unless there was a visit, but she would criticize whatever anyone else was doing and just slow down the process generally. I have a lot of respect for your ETL for being hands-on and working with the team. I used to have an ETL like that, who built a cohesive team, and that team would do anything for her. Good leadership builds productive teams.😁

Straight up, you are doing a great job and the fact that you want recognition for your team and not yourself proves it. Without backroom/ flow replenishing the floor, the store would go out of business.👍
Let’s be honest if it wasn’t for my team we wouldn’t be able to do what target is asking of us . My team are truly the best . They kill it each and everyday .

It's not a good sign when management has to help that much. It is nice when they make an appearance and help out from time to time, but in any industry management should be doing their job and not need to do their underlings work. When it happens it typically means there are problems.

Hey, maybe they just like the work and all is well! 🤷‍♀️

And which is that ? Sitting in a office. My team and myself included are busting our asses because we our etls works and leads by example. We are backroom team and all the etls and stl calls us “ the price change team/ Plano/inbound/ market. Because we help all those departments so we can continue to be clean.

Amen. If our ETL-Log would have taken a world cruise our backroom would have run a Hell of a lot better, faster and more efficiently. Our team knew what they were doing and did not need the micromanagement they were subjected to until the most of veterans quit. Rookie team this Q4 with rookie leadership.
Karma at her best.🙄
I think the team will work just as hard as the lead does. And if he/she doesn’t then your tasks will fall behind.

No, buddy. That was not sarcastic. I thought 7 TLs was excessive for backroom, then you explained what it is you do. I think you guys are doing a good job.

And which is that ? Sitting in a office. My team and myself included are busting our asses because we our etls works and leads by example. We are backroom team and all the etls and stl calls us “ the price change team/ Plano/inbound/ market. Because we help all those departments so we can continue to be clean.

I'm sorry, I think I insulted you. I was taking a broader approach to the situation, not you specifically. But I can see what I said and how it could be understood.

The thought I was having is we all know the new truck/push fiasco and I was musing that an ETL working that hard is likely seeing the issues and working to help it all out. Meaning, the process is struggling as we all know.

As for what management should be doing is, for one, definitely leading by example, but not everyday for hours. There are TLs for a reason. Second, when they are in their offices they are attending to the other parts of their job that have everything to do with the work center. Do some hide in there? Probably, but they do have legit work that they have to do that has to take them off the floor.

Again, my apologies for upsetting you. Sounds like you work hard and your store is lucky to have you.

I'm sorry, I think I insulted you. I was taking a broader approach to the situation, not you specifically. But I can see what I said and how it could be understood.

The thought I was having is we all know the new truck/push fiasco and I was musing that an ETL working that hard is likely seeing the issues and working to help it all out. Meaning, the process is struggling as we all know.

As for what management should be doing is, for one, definitely leading by example, but not everyday for hours. There are TLs for a reason. Second, when they are in their offices they are attending to the other parts of their job that have everything to do with the work center. Do some hide in there? Probably, but they do have legit work that they have to do that has to take them off the floor.

Again, my apologies for upsetting you. Sounds like you work hard and your store is lucky to have you.
I wasn’t offended in anyway. To have a better understanding here is the backstory before this etl I had a different one . I never saw her I would hear her over the walking but never saw her for the longest time my team didn’t even know she was our boss. Why? Well her things was that’s why I have you in the back for so no need to be there . All day long in the office she wouldn’t even come to do the trash on the day she was lod she would call me over the walkie to see if I got it done. My new etl on the other hand she is a hands down worker and likes to be involved and not just ask how can I help but actually coming up with a solution, it was a “ culture shock”.My team are amazed when she comes by the off-site with a care package and says good jump and fist 👊 with everyone . Because of her things turned better for all of us. She does see the struggles and she wants to help. And I appreciate your input very much😉

@allnew2 7 backroom TLs?!!! We have 1 and we’re a 65 million dollar store so definitely not a small store.

As for the rest of the thread, as a GSTL I would say it’s definitely not the hardest. I would say one of the shittiest all things considered and The biggest argument of that being no one wants it so clearly it’s not a very good one. Food TL would suck just because of all the rules and regulations. The actual workload wasn’t terrible but I wouldn’t do it again just because of all the crap that roles down hill.

@allnew2 7 backroom TLs?!!! We have 1 and we’re a 65 million dollar store so definitely not a small store.

As for the rest of the thread, as a GSTL I would say it’s definitely not the hardest. I would say one of the shittiest all things considered and The biggest argument of that being no one wants it so clearly it’s not a very good one. Food TL would suck just because of all the rules and regulations. The actual workload wasn’t terrible but I wouldn’t do it again just because of all the crap that roles down hill.
Yes 7. 3 overnight , 4 dayside AAA+ store with a overnight process and off-site. Which off-site gets run by the tl.

Yes 7. 3 overnight , 4 dayside AAA+ store with a overnight process and off-site. Which off-site gets run by the tl.
What’s your sales volume? That’s insane. That sounds like a small city. Any idea what your overall head count is at?

What’s your sales volume? That’s insane. That sounds like a small city. Any idea what your overall head count is at?
Not a small city at all .SoCal. Overall head count for Tls? We are 19 in the store without counting the Plano and price change. Last year was about 95 mil . We were at 17 mil before may

I wasn’t offended in anyway. To have a better understanding here is the backstory before this etl I had a different one . I never saw her I would hear her over the walking but never saw her for the longest time my team didn’t even know she was our boss. Why? Well her things was that’s why I have you in the back for so no need to be there . All day long in the office she wouldn’t even come to do the trash on the day she was lod she would call me over the walkie to see if I got it done. My new etl on the other hand she is a hands down worker and likes to be involved and not just ask how can I help but actually coming up with a solution, it was a “ culture shock”.My team are amazed when she comes by the off-site with a care package and says good jump and fist 👊 with everyone . Because of her things turned better for all of us. She does see the struggles and she wants to help. And I appreciate your input very much😉

Oh wow, yes, what a night and day difference in leadership!! Engaged leadership is something that is, sadly, hit and miss at my T, too. I've seen enough etls to realize they aren't given training on how to effectively lead actual people and the ones that do it well are either just that way or have figured it out on their own. I think you lucked out!! 👍😄

Oh wow, yes, what a night and day difference in leadership!! Engaged leadership is something that is, sadly, hit and miss at my T, too. I've seen enough etls to realize they aren't given training on how to effectively lead actual people and the ones that do it well are either just that way or have figured it out on their own. I think you lucked out!! 👍😄
Fuck yeah I did

Not a small city at all .SoCal. Overall head count for Tls? We are 19 in the store without counting the Plano and price change. Last year was about 95 mil . We were at 17 mil before may
I meant small city as in your store is a small city. Also 19 TLs and 7 of them are backroom? Seems off.

I meant small city as in your store is a small city. Also 19 TLs and 7 of them are backroom? Seems off.
Let me enlight you a day in my store . 1 receiver at 6 am , 7 the opener , 8 second receiver and one flex person, 9 first tl, 10 off-site tl and a team there, 11 second opu, 1 pm 3rd tl comes in , at 3 two backroom team members , at 6 2 more caf stockers , 7 the closer. 10 pm etl log and the 3 leads come in , one has to go pull auto overnight at the off-site , one runs the inbound and the 3 one is backroom pulling auto and backstock . There’s always 3 leads dayside working everyday and one would be off for a day . And every other weekend 2 gets the weekends off , then me and other one gets it.
1 tl beauty, one tl electronics , 1 tl market, 1 tl seasonal, 2 softlines tl and a vml, 1 price change, 1 Plano, 2 gstl , 2 senior tl , 4 dayside backroom , 3 overnight backroom ohh 1 tl Starbucks . Etl 3 log, 1 softlines , 1 ge, 1 market , 1 hr, and the stl

Let me enlight you a day in my store . 1 receiver at 6 am , 7 the opener , 8 second receiver and one flex person, 9 first tl, 10 off-site tl and a team there, 11 second opu, 1 pm 3rd tl comes in , at 3 two backroom team members , at 6 2 more caf stockers , 7 the closer. 10 pm etl log and the 3 leads come in , one has to go pull auto overnight at the off-site , one runs the inbound and the 3 one is backroom pulling auto and backstock . There’s always 3 leads dayside working everyday and one would be off for a day . And every other weekend 2 gets the weekends off , then me and other one gets it.
1 tl beauty, one tl electronics , 1 tl market, 1 tl seasonal, 2 softlines tl and a vml, 1 price change, 1 Plano, 2 gstl , 2 senior tl , 4 dayside backroom , 3 overnight backroom ohh 1 tl Starbucks . Etl 3 log, 1 softlines , 1 ge, 1 market , 1 hr, and the stl
Still seems unbalanced for a store that size. I’ve been to a 90 million dollar store before and they had 20ish TLs and I don’t know their exact head count but they definitely had atleast 3 gstls, 4 softlines and 6 hardlines plus food and bev, Starbucks, AP, and a few in the back. I guess it makes sense with an off site. I assume most of your backroom TLs are key carriers? Although 3 LOG ETLs and 7 backroom TLs just seems insane. Your store is definitely blessed with logistics leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back