Archived What do your drive up people do between orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have someone scheduled OPU from 11-7:30 or 12-8:30. Our expectations for OPU are ridiculous.

1 Check every drive up order for cancelled items. Go to the salesfloor and find the item or a “reasonable” substitute.

2 When the drive up guest arrives, put on your orange safety vest, get the MCO device, the items in their order, items or substitute items that were cancelled in their order and the cooler of complimentary soft drinks and water.

3 Give the guest their order and process it within 1 1/2 minutes.

4 Ask the guest if they would like their cancelled items and ring them up with the MCO.

5 Ask if you can go back into the store and get anything else for the guest and ring up those items with the MCO.

6 Offer the guest a free soft drink or water.

I. Shit. You. Not.

M'lady it's time for you to quit. *I* want to quit after reading your post

Unless I’m misunderstanding everyone’s comments but the person that picks the OPU/DU orders and locates them in their designated areas for us is not the same person that brings up the orders for the guest.

For my store the Service Desk TM retrieves the OPU/Drive Up orders for the guests. And if the service desk is busy, the SE TL would back up as needed or the DBO for bullseye if on the shift at the time.

The initial orders are pulled/located by one of our SFS Team members. I believe each grid they designate one of our guys who are on SFS to primarily focus on getting those orders in between their other picks.

OPU at my store is picked frantically by 1.5 TMs typically scheduled for 5.5 hours and all the *TLs for the rest of the day and during peak order times. I wonder if Karen has any idea that her $40 order actually causes someone who earns 100 large/y to bulldoze through the backroom with a 3tier sweating and with a panicked look on his face

Unless I’m misunderstanding everyone’s comments but the person that picks the OPU/DU orders and locates them in their designated areas for us is not the same person that brings up the orders for the guest.

For my store the Service Desk TM retrieves the OPU/Drive Up orders for the guests. And if the service desk is busy, the SE TL would back up as needed or the DBO for bullseye if on the shift at the time.

The initial orders are pulled/located by one of our SFS Team members. I believe each grid they designate one of our guys who are on SFS to primarily focus on getting those orders in between their other picks.
This is what my store does but we usually have a drive up person scheduled for a mid shift. If they aren’t there (or are on break) then guest service, GSTL (SETL) or the SCO person will run the order outside.

When we do have a drive up person scheduled they support GS buy doing the defects, auditing the drive up/pick up orders, and checking in orders that were shipped to the store. They also will stock candy on the checklanes, do reshop for bullseyes playground, and maybe cover cashier breaks if we are short staffed and have a GSTL scheduled that is willing to take orders out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back