Archived What do your drive up people do between orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious what other store's GSA's/GSTL's (or whatever the heck they are called now...) have their drive up team member do during their shift? Obviously they are responsible for taking drive up orders out, but in between taking out orders what do they do? It seems kind of hard to figure that out at least at my store because if we have them on a register or at guest service then a drive up comes, they are in the middle of a transaction and they can't just leave. Sometimes we have them do one spot reshop and zone, but that only takes so much time. So basically they are either waiting around their entire shift doing nothing until a drive up comes or they are involved in helping a guest and are not able to grab the drive ups when they come. Any advice/examples of what your store does would be appreciated!

i don't really see why they can't be supporting the service desk. sure, occasionally they'll be in the middle of a transaction and a drive up will get here, but most service desk transactions are quick. worst case scenario, the service and engagement TL can bring the order to the guest. for even faster service, have them helping guests picking up order pickup orders while another team member processes exchanges and returns.

Of course each store probably has their own take on what their drive up team member should be doing. However, our store has the team member working service desk and/or pushing bullseye reshop if there isn’t too many pick ups. Typically when we get the notification when the guest is on their way they’ll prep the order near, and ensure if they’re close not to be on a register so they can head outside. The only time this sucks is when the guest claims their on their way but they’re in the parking spot already so both alerts go on and the TM has to rush to get the order and go outside at the same time. If the store is slow and the team member is busy sometimes our GSA/GSTL will help but at my store this is a last resort.

We don’t even really have one. We use Order Pickup hours to schedule prior GSAs to watch the lanes during hours the Service and Engagement TL isn’t there. So normally we just have a guest service TM an an Order Pickup TM who is technically SD but spends most of their time watching the lanes. They do the Driveups, but our SETL is only there like 11-7:30 most days so they have to watch the lanes.

Our cart attendants are now scheduled under OPU for Drive Up.

Pro: cart attendants are scheduled open to close.

Con: one more responsibility added to their plates.

Whoever is scheduled under drive up will be the one mostly doing them, but they are essentially another service desk person. When we get busy every single person will help with the line in guest service and if we hear a chirp or a honk and the drive up TM is occupied with a guest, whoever finishes with their guest first will go and prepare the order/take it out. Sometimes we miss goal but one of us can’t just stand there while we’re drowning in guests.

We often have 2 OPU people these days, and they will get on a check lane or help guests at guest service or push Bullseye, but that's not super common. These days we need both of them to pick and run drive ups, and they still need people to help with drive ups while they are on picks. At night, at least, when I work. I don't know about dayside.

Last year at this time we had one OPU person and they spend most of their time on a lane or at GS, and orders were relatively few & far between.

Strictly hardlines reshop, it's usually heavy. If no hardlines reshop, they zone and fill check lanes or process STS orders.

Our front end does not pick or bring out drive-ups. If they are not picking orders they are also doing other things in the store. Our OPU TM's also bring out drive up orders.

They work GS. If a drive up comes, the GSTL or lead watching the front will replace them in the transaction or go take it out themselves if they feel like it.

We've moderized and we have the OPU person do the Drive-Up orders. During really busy times though they're often stuck with their OPUs. In that case, its back to somebody from the front end running it out.

We only have someone scheduled OPU from 11-7:30 or 12-8:30. Our expectations for OPU are ridiculous.

1 Check every drive up order for cancelled items. Go to the salesfloor and find the item or a “reasonable” substitute.

2 When the drive up guest arrives, put on your orange safety vest, get the MCO device, the items in their order, items or substitute items that were cancelled in their order and the cooler of complimentary soft drinks and water.

3 Give the guest their order and process it within 1 1/2 minutes.

4 Ask the guest if they would like their cancelled items and ring them up with the MCO.

5 Ask if you can go back into the store and get anything else for the guest and ring up those items with the MCO.

6 Offer the guest a free soft drink or water.

I. Shit. You. Not.

We only have someone scheduled OPU from 11-7:30 or 12-8:30. Our expectations for OPU are ridiculous.

1 Check every drive up order for cancelled items. Go to the salesfloor and find the item or a “reasonable” substitute.

2 When the drive up guest arrives, put on your orange safety vest, get the MCO device, the items in their order, items or substitute items that were cancelled in their order and the cooler of complimentary soft drinks and water.

4 Ask the guest if they would like their cancelled items and ring them up with the MCO.

5 Ask if you can go back into the store and get anything else for the guest and ring up those items with the MCO.

I. Shit. You. Not.
T

This sounds awful and I want nothing to do with it!

I. Shit. You. Not.
Lol I’d start doin drive up at your store to get the free soda

I. Shit. You. Not.

this is excruciatingly bad oh my god

I. Shit. You. Not.
What.the.fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back