Archived What does an ETL have to do to get fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are almost always really tall too...you hardly ever see a short ETL or STL...anybody else notice this?

Our stl is VERY tall and all our etls are VERY short. Hoot to see the stl walking the floor with his "children" in tow. LOL!

We had an ETL fired because someone saw them at another store (not Target) walking around with a TM.....they were not "dating", just seen together in public
but that was enough to get the ETL fired.

That isn't a reason to be fired. I have hung out with an etl from another store and the current dtl . There had to be more to that story.

Our stl is VERY tall and all our etls are VERY short. Hoot to see the stl walking the floor with his "children" in tow. LOL!

That isn't a reason to be fired. I have hung out with an etl from another store and the current dtl . There had to be more to that story.

Agreed--on both points, actually. I had a series of tall STLs and quite a few short ETLs. One ETL a number of years ago actually got out of helping a guest because the guest refused to believe he was a manager at all, much less the LOD, so the ETL just shrugged, said OK, and walked away. Being short can have benefits, I guess?

And definitely more to the story than just hanging out at another store, yes. Even if they had been dating, there would have to be more to the story--the remedy to that problem is a transfer, or a demotion, or a voluntary termination, but NOT an involuntary termination.

We had an HR-ETL who was recently fired, but not many people know why she was let go. Her picture was ripped off the wall and our STL went around telling people she was no longer working there. The rumor is that too many team members complained about her, but there might be more to it than that.

They are almost always really tall too...you hardly ever see a short ETL or STL...anybody else notice this?

Now that I think about it, my STL and ETLs are all slightly above average height. And our interns have almost all been the same. The only recent exception I can think of is my previous ETL-GE, who was short but probably got hired because she was attractive.

We had an HR-ETL who was recently fired, but not many people know why she was let go. Her picture was ripped off the wall and our STL went around telling people she was no longer working there. The rumor is that too many team members complained about her, but there might be more to it than that.

man it has to be more than that because I KNOW our HR-ETL has been complained about by numerous tm's/tl's/sr. tl's.

seems we had a backroom ETL who was fired(or asked forcefully to resign) this week because they couldn't get the backroom cleaned up in a month after an absolute idiot drove it into the red for three straight months. Absolute idiocy if you ask me.

I saw an ETL fired after he started choking the living crap out of the price accuracy team leader, in front of the entire flow team. In his defense, she did call him a scrawny, no good little n*gger (that was a quote), but he obviously over-reacted. And when I say choking, I literally mean choking. He had a death grip around her neck and only let go because she had enough whit left to kick him in the balls. Both were sent home immediately, and both were fired within a couple of days.

I saw an ETL fired after he started choking the living crap out of the price accuracy team leader, in front of the entire flow team. In his defense, she did call him a scrawny, no good little n*gger (that was a quote), but he obviously over-reacted. And when I say choking, I literally mean choking. He had a death grip around her neck and only let go because she had enough whit left to kick him in the balls. Both were sent home immediately, and both were fired within a couple of days.

Words fail me on that one....

Hory shet.

this is very true, I was with the company this year for 6, and all the OLD ETLS magically got fired this year and replaced with mainly young college females.... hmmm I wonder about this

Hory shet.

What are you trying to say? That I'm making it up? I'm not. I was the opening LOD and had to work with ETL-LOG to get everybody back to work and the guilty parties dealth with until HR and the STL could come in and deal with the situation.

Also, could you PLEASE type coherently?

What are you trying to say? That I'm making it up? I'm not. I was the opening LOD and had to work with ETL-LOG to get everybody back to work and the guilty parties dealth with until HR and the STL could come in and deal with the situation.

Is the forum experiencing a prozac shortage this weekend?

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong, PPG) that he was typing phonetically. As if someone were saying "Holy Sh!t" with an comedic eastern asian accent. Like Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast At Tiffanys".

Last edited:

Only when I'm sober will I type coherently.

I'm not sure what they have to do... but I had an ETL "disappear" once... when we asked they just said he wasn't fired, but hadn't quit, didn't transfer... and we never saw him again.

I'm not sure what they have to do... but I had an ETL "disappear" once... when we asked they just said he wasn't fired, but hadn't quit, didn't transfer... and we never saw him again.

Yep. We had a SrTL do this. They were "OFF" on the LOD schedule for about two months. Came back for like a day, and then disappeared and taken off the schedule completely. Occasionally the service desk I get what I assume is a collection call looking for them. I just deny their existence and hang up.

Is the forum experiencing a prozac shortage this weekend?

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong, PPG) that he was typing phonetically. As if someone were saying "Holy Sh!t" with an comedic eastern asian accent. Like Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast At Tiffanys".

This. He was typing in Engrish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back