Archived What does RIS Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obx

I have been seeing it in the Instocks list lately when an Item is scanned. I just dont know what it means?

you mean RIG?

just go to the location and count up the product and key it in. if it's a multiple facing just do the facing it tells you and the next rig should be the other facing, count product and key in the numbers again just for that facing.

For all the abbreviations that Target loves to use, I could never figure out what RIG was supposed to stand for.

Research Inventory Group. Target likes to use important sounding acronyms for things. Like Team Leader(TL) when you only have 2 or 3 people under you. Also kinda like Executive Team Leader(ETL), when many of them are the biggest goof ups in the store. Kinda like Human Relations(HR) when all they do is talk about how many ways they can fire you.

RIS I think is Return Intiated something or other. Partner with you Receiving TM or your IS TL about it, it may be a recalled item and can create a hot mess for on hands.

RIS I think is Return Intiated something or other. Partner with you Receiving TM or your IS TL about it, it may be a recalled item and can create a hot mess for on hands.

You're thinking of MIR. Manufacturer Initiated Return

Research Inventory Group. Target likes to use important sounding acronyms for things. Like Team Leader(TL) when you only have 2 or 3 people under you. Also kinda like Executive Team Leader(ETL), when many of them are the biggest goof ups in the store. Kinda like Human Relations(HR) when all they do is talk about how many ways they can fire you.

It's actually research item group.

Saw the prompt in research today. Looking into any new uses but that used to stand for RISER items(like the big box toys during Christmas season) Will post a specific answer when I find out.

we haven't had "risers" for at least 3 years now.

Your logistics team is very lucky. At my store, the TLs told me that items were located on the risers, but nobody ever SUBTs them, so it screws up everything.

It's actually Research Investigation Group. You can find this information under maintaining in-stocks best practices.

I was a Consumables Team Lead in a GM store. That meant I technically didn't have a single Team Member assigned to me. When the TM Alignment rolled out, I was assigned all the LOAs and a few closing TMs that I never new existed. When I challenged some negative comments on leading TMs, I was instructed that I could task and assign any TM as long as I went through their aligned TL.

So I changed work centers and now have a third of the store to me which is awesome because it is allowing me to say "I told you I am a good leader!" I guess it would have helped if I told them I was a SSG in the Army for a while before coming to Target.

It's actually Research Investigation Group. You can find this information under maintaining in-stocks best practices.

Actually, it's research item group. You can find this information on workbench, pull up the glossary terms.

Actually, it's research item group. You can find this information on workbench, pull up the glossary terms.

I swear it's Research Interest Group...can I buy an I Pat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back