Archived What does your store do with the temperature sensitive food guests don't want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean several thousand guests. If one sick customer closed businesses we'd have no restaurants open.

Exhibit A: A guest returned expired milk that he bought that same day. It expired a few days prior.

We're not shut down.

in my store i was told all cold items left at the register or found on the shelves gets thrown out.

We have a cashier who is forbidden from collecting reshop at the lanes during slow periods, as she will make every effort possible to avoid having Guest Service defect out cold food products. Everything from holding the items until her break, then going to Market/PFresh and putting them back on the shelves herself, to arguing with the GSTM about how "wasteful" they're being. We have guests like this also, who insist I put the meat that's been sitting in their carts for over an hour back into the cooler.

Some people just don't understand that cold product needs to be tossed, for everyone's safety.

Tbh, if a guest offers to put the item back I encourage them to do so, I just won't do so myself or let another TM do so.

We have a cashier who is forbidden from collecting reshop at the lanes during slow periods, as she will make every effort possible to avoid having Guest Service defect out cold food products. Everything from holding the items until her break, then going to Market/PFresh and putting them back on the shelves herself, to arguing with the GSTM about how "wasteful" they're being. We have guests like this also, who insist I put the meat that's been sitting in their carts for over an hour back into the cooler.

Some people just don't understand that cold product needs to be tossed, for everyone's safety.
Oops, the package has a hole in it...

My store will put it in reshop and the GSTL will insist it goes back on the shelf. Don't get me started on the Flow P-Fresh push team leaving pallets and flats on the floor for over 90 minutes.

Nope. Ice creams internal temp will keep it pretty much frozen from the time a guess picks it up, keeps shopping and takes it home. Target stores aren't heated to the point where it'd go bad in a hour.

You don't live in SoCal. I have had stuff melt in under 20min with the A/C running in the car.

Same goes for Arizona, heat can will destroy things in quick time. QMOS it.

Last edited:
Or the south. Or the midwest. Or Boston. There's a reason so many of those ridiculous thermal freezer bags are sold, right?

Even if the ice cream appears to be frozen, it would probably re-freeze and have those dreaded ice crystals in it.

QMOS is the ticket.

I personally run them to PFresh myself. If it's something cold I will utilize the drink machines until I can get away and bring it to it's proper place. I'm also one of those who thinks it's such a waste and I don't care what anyone says.

I personally run them to PFresh myself. If it's something cold I will utilize the drink machines until I can get away and bring it to it's proper place. I'm also one of those who thinks it's such a waste and I don't care what anyone says.

So you are saying "I don't care how many people get sick." What makes you so special that you get to make that call over the PA and the rest of the market team? And how much time do you spend on the floor seeing the same guest with the same ground beef for two plus hours?

I think stores should give it to TMs. For example, "Timmy just got a red card!" - "Way to go Timmy, you rock!" - "Yay, Timmy" - "Timmy, for leading the team tonight you get to take home this meat and yogurt that has been sitting out for who knows how long." Why does the compactor get all of the good stuff?

We used to store this food in a "special refrigerator" in the break room. Once a month we put on a big spread for the team. Grilled steaks, yogurt, milk, cheese, bread (frozen on expiration date), anything perishable that we were supposed to QMOS. So you had to pick around the mold or look past the brown spots.

Joking by the way - every store should be QMOSing everything found outside of the temperature zone.

Please, don't. It may be a "waste", but Target can afford it, and I'd rather not be buying something that's potentially been re-frozen/been at unsafe temperatures.

Lord I didn't know I was going to start a fight. My bad.

Saying you don't care if people get sick because of your actions, won't make you many friends.

It's not that I don't care I should have worded it better I realize that, but to go all "What makes you so special." is a little much. Ironically I was getting my food training today and realize I was in the wrong, but unfortunately I can't finish as I have some kind of stomach bug and am going home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back