Archived What does your store do with the temperature sensitive food guests don't want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a guest decides that they don't want the $9.99 steak, or yogurt, or frozen vegetables, or whatever and hands it to the cashier where does it go after the cashier takes it to guest service?

Put it in with grocery reshop and hope whoever works it out knows to QMOS it (and knows how)

Straight into the QMOS bin at the front lanes. We don't know how long they've been carrying it around. I know I've seen guests wandering the store for over an hour with food so it's not worth determining if it's safe or not. We did have some newer guest service TMs try and get another cashier to take back some meat a guest decided against, but luckily an electronics TM was getting his abandons and stopped them. :rolleyes:

At my former Super years ago, if it felt cool, was not leaking, or did not appear to have thawed, the item was put back on shelf. The item was taken to GS and usually communicated to Market and picked up ASAP.

If it was thawed, it would go to the QMOS Bin in the coolers.

Qmos it! It seems so wasteful but it only takes one guest to get sick to own target!

Ask the guest are they sure they don't want that item cause we will have to throw it away now. A lot of times when the guest hear that we have to just throw it away they change their mind and buy it.

No but seriously this is the one thing that I probably hate the most of all. If it was up to me, I'd cordon off pFresh, and only allow people to leave if they paid for the item.

And we'd refuse pFresh returns.

Charge the guest with fraud and ban them from the store
New signs at eye level of every cooler: YOU TAKE IT YOU BUY IT. Then ban the ones that don't follow this common policy. Explain to anyone that complains that this is to minimize food waste, as we have to throw out everything that they don't want. Also, no food returns unless it was expired when they bought it, or part of a recall, not just "it didn't taste good" or some similar bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back