Archived What exactly does the ad team do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is asking for volunteers to work on the ad team, but what does that even mean? They said something about overnight or a 4 AM shift. Thanks!

It's like stocking, but with signs! :)

Put the sign on the label strip with the correlating location and scan it in RF apps.

The biggest help you can be is to hustle and make display signs where necessary.

At my store, we have an overnight ad team that works on Saturday night/Sunday morning. They take down all the ad signs and scan them out ("ad takedown"), then they set up all the new signs and scan them in ("ad setup"). They also set up special signing for endcaps. Beyond that, I really couldn't tell you much.

We also have a TM that works on weekday afternoons who audits all the signs that we receive and creates batches of signs that are missing and need to be printed ("ad prep").

Adset team (which I'm on my to as I post thi) put up all the little signs you see in the lanes and the 7x11's.
We scan in the ads and put them up.
It can be boring, tedious and frustrating.
And that's when it goes right.
Which rarely every happens.
There is a great deal of satisfaction that comes from walking out the door having completed that days work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back