Archived What happen to my sick hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I maxed my sick hours to 270 or something like that and it dropped to 40? Did I just lose my sick hours?

You should get a check for whatever you were over, it's part of the new benefit policy. The old hours will be in a new bank labeled (payout)

Sorry that this is totally not related to the topic but, does this sound normal to you guys? I've worked at Target for 6 months and have worked 40 hour weeks everyday until just a couple of weeks ago since hours got cut. I have no vacation hours and only 8 sick hours. I thought we got an hour per 30 hours of work? Shouldn't I at least have 16 hours after the 90 day period ended about 3 months ago?

Sorry that this is totally not related to the topic but, does this sound normal to you guys? I've worked at Target for 6 months and have worked 40 hour weeks everyday until just a couple of weeks ago since hours got cut. I have no vacation hours and only 8 sick hours. I thought we got an hour per 30 hours of work? Shouldn't I at least have 16 hours after the 90 day period ended about 3 months ago?

You dont start accruing vacation until a certain point.....or at least that was what it was for me a few years back

You dont start accruing vacation until a certain point.....or at least that was what it was for me a few years back
Ahh, ok. What about the sick hours? We're suppose to get an hour per 30 hours right? Shouldn't I have more than 8?

Sick time hours? I have been with target for 7years and have never accumulated sick hours only vacation. Even when i was a team lead, I only acquired vacation time. I have always worked 40 hours a week too.

Sick time hours? I have been with target for 7years and have never accumulated sick hours only vacation. Even when i was a team lead, I only acquired vacation time. I have always worked 40 hours a week too.
You do not begin accruing vacation time till you hit 1000 hours worked. Sick hours depend on your state laws ( most states you don't get sick hours). At 40 hours per week you won't get any vacation hors until week 25. Hope this answers your questions.

You'd have to take a look at the benefits guide on targetpayandbenegits.com and then ask your ETL-HR. It does seem odd since most places where Target does sick pay, you start accruing it as of your first day (except HI/NJ/NY/RI is after 6 months).

Wow. Someone has some 'splaning to do!

You do not begin accruing vacation time till you hit 1000 hours worked. Sick hours depend on your state laws ( most states you don't get sick hours). At 40 hours per week you won't get any vacation hors until week 25. Hope this answers your questions.
That makes sense but, that wasn't the case for my last 2 jobs. I started gaining vacation time after my 60 day trial...

You'd have to take a look at the benefits guide on targetpayandbenegits.com and then ask your ETL-HR. It does seem odd since most places where Target does sick pay, you start accruing it as of your first day (except HI/NJ/NY/RI is after 6 months).
Will do! Thanks.

Wow. Someone has some 'splaning to do!
That makes sense but, that wasn't the case for my last 2 jobs. I started gaining vacation time after my 60 day trial...
Will do! Thanks.
Here it is:
  • At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Vacation- You begin to accrue and can start using vacation
  •  Sick Hours (CA, HI, NJ, NY, RI)
  •  Bereavement (Funeral) Pay

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)

Here it is:
  • At 6 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:

At 6 months* if you average 29.5 hours or more per week:
  •  Personal Holidays (up to 2 days)- You begin to accrue and can start using personal holiday time
  •  National Holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas)
But, how many sick hours do you gain from working on an average of 19.5-29.49 a week?

But, how many sick hours do you gain from working on an average of 19.5-29.49 a week?
Depend on your state for the max amt of sick hours.
Team members accrue one hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked (0.033334 hours earned for every hour worked).

Go to targetpayandbenefits.com

The info is all there.

Are you sure they were sick hours? Cause 270 hours would give you almost 34 days of calling out sick.

Sorry for late reply, but yes. I just checked again and now it shows correctly, 286 hours! So all is good now. Now I gotta figure out how to use it.

Questions.

1. To use my sick hours, do I need to be sick?
2. I can only request sick hours on days I don't work?
3. I want to cut my total sick hours in half. Is there a limit how many times I can request it since I can only use up to the avg. hours I work a week.

Last edited:
1. You don't need to be sick, unless your store is super strict about it. Probably have to ask your hr people.

2. Not sure, because I always just fill the form for whatever the week is. Like if I were doing a request for last week, I'd put the time range as 1/17-1/23 and I'd put "max" down for the amount of hours I want applied.

3. You can do them for every week that you're not maxed at my store. Idk if they're just being lenient or if that's an actual Target policy, though. Best to talk to your hr people.

TL;Dr talk to your hr people because what's allowed at my store may not be allowed at yours

So is there a chart to help figure out if we're getting a payout? I've started accruing new vacation time but my hours that were banked are over 180 now. I've been with the company a while though so I'm not sure what I'm allowed to even have at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back