Archived What happens if you don't come back on your LOA date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you just block the target number so you can say you never got the call and come back an extra month later, it's not like your on the schedule so they can't do anything. I guess I'll find out in 2 weeks if I'm fired because my vacation hours would be cashed out

Honestly, if you know when your LOA date is, then HR is probably aware that you know your date to return. The call is just a courtesy I think. You might be able to pass it off as miscommunication but you're probably gonna get termed if they return you to the schedule and you don't show.

Lol what the hell is PH?

I have vacation hours, I mean I hate it, lol I guess I'll go back in 3 or 4 weeks and see oh My phone broke so I didn't have one lol I always go on LOA in the summer like I would work at target from may-August

I doubt they returned me to the schedule I haven't been there since May, if anything I'm def not on the schedule for like the next 3 weeks lol

Lol what the hell is PH?

I have vacation hours, I mean I hate it, lol I guess I'll go back in 3 or 4 weeks and see oh My phone broke so I didn't have one lol I always go on LOA in the summer like I would work at target from may-August

Personal Holiday hours.
a phone breaking is no excuse to miss work. They're gonna say you could have driven to work and asked. Just like if my car were to break down it would be no excuse. Theyd expect me to catch the bus/call a taxi/get a ride from a friend. Sure i might be late but at least I would have showed up. Just like you should call and ask for a new return date.

how do u even get personal holiday hours. ive been there 2 years and never got any

I'd go with the communication approach. If they say no, maybe you can apply the ph to a week prior to the LOA.

Personal Holiday hours.
a phone breaking is no excuse to miss work. They're gonna say you could have driven to work and asked. Just like if my car were to break down it would be no excuse. Theyd expect me to catch the bus/call a taxi/get a ride from a friend. Sure i might be late but at least I would have showed up. Just like you should call and ask for a new return date.

HR would call as a courtesy. Ours would call back a few times, leave messages, and if they didn't get a response within a few days they termed the TM. This isn't the 90s. Saying your phone doesn't work or you couldn't call is inexcusable. And not updating personal information is the TMs responsibility. Almost everyone has a phone or access to a phone. Even the people who stand on the corner claiming they're homeless have a cellphone.

Put your "B's" in your hand, call Target, and ask for an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back