What happens when a guests calls Corporate to complain?

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
Karen happy for now. Until she finds something else to call about. And once she figures out that she'll get a gift card every time..... god help us all.

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher
A phone rings in Bangalore. A smallish man with a pronounced (!) accent answers. He listens while the guest makes her complaint in tedious detail. He hopes that his brother, visiting from Mumbai remembers Gran’s recipe for hot chutney. He hums the theme from Serenity. He wonders about lunch. Finally there is an opportunity for him to speak. “ This is Steve from the IRS and you have failed to properly pay federal taxes for the year 2007, 2009 and 2014. If you do not rectify this situation you will be taken to the courthouse and imprisioned for many years. I can help but you need to give me a credit card number....”
If only.

Fix It

PMT - Propert Management Tyrant
In the slight chance they do call corporate, it trickles down to your store leaders and you explain the reasoning behind the outcome.

Complaints against me so far have included some sort of incident report (lol construction work) so I get my half of the story out there before it comes back from head quarters. Never been disciplined over anything though.

I did make a GSTL give a guest a 10% markdown to avoid a complaint but that story is for a different day 🙃

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
In the slight chance they do call corporate, it trickles down to your store leaders and you explain the reasoning behind the outcome.

Complaints against me so far have included some sort of incident report (lol construction work) so I get my half of the story out there before it comes back from head quarters. Never been disciplined over anything though.

I did make a GSTL give a guest a 10% markdown to avoid a complaint but that story is for a different day 🙃
I've had tons of guests threaten corporate on me and never once has corporate called the store (or, if they did, no one ever told me, but my leaders probably would just to laugh about it if they did).

I think corporate only calls the store if it's like a serious complaint or if they think calling the store would actually change something (almost never)

LUR99

GSTL
I had a guest call corporate on me recently because we were out of an item in the ad and I could not provide her with the item. It was also not available for ordering online and sold out in near by stores. She was outraged, accused me of being misleading ... . Yes I am the one who prints the ad every week :rolleyes:. And it is my fault that it is sold out. My co-GSTL gets corporate called on her several times a year. We are both still employed. "Guest" gets a gift card and unfortunately come back instead of shopping at walmart like they always promise.