Archived What happens when a guests calls Corporate to complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen happy for now. Until she finds something else to call about. And once she figures out that she'll get a gift card every time..... god help us all.

A phone rings in Bangalore. A smallish man with a pronounced (!) accent answers. He listens while the guest makes her complaint in tedious detail. He hopes that his brother, visiting from Mumbai remembers Gran’s recipe for hot chutney. He hums the theme from Serenity. He wonders about lunch. Finally there is an opportunity for him to speak. “ This is Steve from the IRS and you have failed to properly pay federal taxes for the year 2007, 2009 and 2014. If you do not rectify this situation you will be taken to the courthouse and imprisioned for many years. I can help but you need to give me a credit card number....”
If only.

In the slight chance they do call corporate, it trickles down to your store leaders and you explain the reasoning behind the outcome.

Complaints against me so far have included some sort of incident report (lol construction work) so I get my half of the story out there before it comes back from head quarters. Never been disciplined over anything though.

I did make a GSTL give a guest a 10% markdown to avoid a complaint but that story is for a different day 🙃

In the slight chance they do call corporate, it trickles down to your store leaders and you explain the reasoning behind the outcome.

Complaints against me so far have included some sort of incident report (lol construction work) so I get my half of the story out there before it comes back from head quarters. Never been disciplined over anything though.

I did make a GSTL give a guest a 10% markdown to avoid a complaint but that story is for a different day 🙃
I've had tons of guests threaten corporate on me and never once has corporate called the store (or, if they did, no one ever told me, but my leaders probably would just to laugh about it if they did).

I think corporate only calls the store if it's like a serious complaint or if they think calling the store would actually change something (almost never)

I had a guest call corporate on me recently because we were out of an item in the ad and I could not provide her with the item. It was also not available for ordering online and sold out in near by stores. She was outraged, accused me of being misleading ... . Yes I am the one who prints the ad every week :rolleyes:. And it is my fault that it is sold out. My co-GSTL gets corporate called on her several times a year. We are both still employed. "Guest" gets a gift card and unfortunately come back instead of shopping at walmart like they always promise.

Had a corporate call to figure out why a particular grocery item was out of stock because the guest had found it for so cheap a few weeks before. Had to explain to the guy at corporate that items do become discontinued and clearance out for any reason and his response was “I don’t know why guests call us, we don’t know what happens at the store level”😪

I've received multiple threats of corporate calls, and only once has the LOD asked me to talk to corporate to explain the situation. I explained it over the phone and they just said "Oh okay thanks, you can put the LOD back on" LOL. Though most of the time the threats are because I'm not willing to cave on policy or hand out freebies, not because I actually did something wrong.

Had a guest call corporate on me during my lunch break because i dumped her at my register onto the GSTL.
I called the GSTL over and said "here, deal with this" and took off to by then my very overdue lunch.
I got back from said lunch and the LOD mentioned it to me, but that's all that happened.
Wouldn't reccomend anyone doing that though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back