A Message For Corporate

A better idea.
Invest in building up your workers and pull from stores that have excess workers. Better yet, permit all workers, just not ODTMs to work at other stores.
This is some of what I've seen at my store. Our leadership hired fairly minimally for seasonal workers other than Fulfillment and front end. Inbound and GM are getting more hours, but not going into OT (as far as I know), at least not much. We all know hours fall off a cliff in January. Someone from another store came to ours to help with fulfillment; there have been times when TMs from my store have gone to another to help out, for several weeks running, even getting some crazy OT for it because the other store was in such a crunch.
So yeah, let your good TMs who are already on board rack up some hours and shift them around to where needed. Use the assets already in place.

My store did no price matching on Black Friday or Saturday. Otherwise they did.
Our store offered price matching on Black Friday. Obviously, this involved verifying that the item was not a BF special, was not sold by a "marketplace-type" vendor and was in-stock. I was told it was okay to price match and did so on a couple of items.

Do the bean counters in Mn really give a shit about turnover or is that just sugar shit on toast to pacify the public?

Turnover is expensive.
It costs money to train people, even at the absolute minimum that Spot spends doing it.
It also costs to process new people.
People with skills make fewer inventory mistakes, etc. that cost the company money.
So, sure they would love to keep turnover down.
But not enough to do the most basic things that would get that result.
Pay a living wage, regular schedules with decent hours, back up your people when customers (not fucking guests) give them shit, etc. etc.

They certainly care. One of the things your SD and ETLs are rated on is turnover.
Hmm made me wonder about the management I was under when I quit and then a few others left not too long after me when I was a cart attendant and doing other peoples jobs at the front. Of course the one asst team lead who was up there is still working there at the location I worked at somehow when most people complained about him more than they complained about other managers. Managers and their so team leads forget attitude reflects leadership. I honestly don’t miss working for this company because it’s a big joke.

New CEO and a return to the basics: cute Big Box Retail that our guests want. Nicely zoned stores with team members ready to help because they aren’t trying to make some BS pull metric of 90% to get some mid level executive promoted. Quit trying to compete with online sales by being cheap. You have to have a Fulfillment Team separate from any other department, PERIOD.

New CEO and a return to the basics: cute Big Box Retail that our guests want. Nicely zoned stores with team members ready to help because they aren’t trying to make some BS pull metric of 90% to get some mid level executive promoted. Quit trying to compete with online sales by being cheap. You have to have a Fulfillment Team separate from any other department, PERIOD.
You're telling me I shouldn't be jumping in on picks, backing up at electronics and the front lanes, and still be expected to finish my toy and sporting goods zone by the end of the night? That sounds like utopia.

You're telling me I shouldn't be jumping in on picks, backing up at electronics and the front lanes, and still be expected to finish my toy and sporting goods zone by the end of the night? That sounds like utopia.
I love when they use TLs all the time to do Fullfillment.

They don't seem to realize you are paying a TL to do that job than a TM!

At least they are "saving hours".

They are saving hours and payroll by not having an additional TM there to do that job, as the TL would be there on the clock anyway, just doing something different.

I'm neither a TL or fulfillment TM, and I get pulled into picks all the time lol. As well as several people from softlines. It's frustrating that they're getting a lot more productivity from each of us and all we have to show for it this year is a 30 cent raise.

I'm neither a TL or fulfillment TM, and I get pulled into picks all the time lol. As well as several people from softlines. It's frustrating that they're getting a lot more productivity from each of us and all we have to show for it this year is a 30 cent raise.
The key to being happy at Target is to never be called for backup and never get trained for fulfillment.

They are saving hours and payroll by not having an additional TM there to do that job, as the TL would be there on the clock anyway, just doing something different.
Except I'm not "there anyway". I'm just a TM most of the time, doing TM stuff, which now isn't getting done.

Except I'm not "there anyway". I'm just a TM most of the time, doing TM stuff, which now isn't getting done.
I wasn't speaking of TMs, I was responding to the statement about TLs doing fulfillment.

Which honestly, they should. I'd rather see TLs helping in FF and front end rather than sitting around whooping it up in TSC or going out for their 12th cigarette break of the day, or other such bullcrap. You want to be management, well this is what it means. Oops.

My old TL is on a power kick by making me pick OPU and cashier, both of which I despise. I'm calling out tomorrow so I don't have to deal with her. Just leave me alone and I'm happy working OTC repacks. Make me do shit you failed to schedule for and the door will *not* hit me on the ass on my way out.

Last edited:
My old TL is on a power kick by making me pick OPU and cashier, both of which I despise. I'm calling out tomorrow so I don't have to deal with her. Just leave me alone and I'm happy working OTC repacks. Make me do shit you failed to schedule for and the door will hit me in the ass on my way out.
This happened en masse today at my store.

2 cashiers scheduled until 11am, and then (because of a callout of one person) no one else until 4:30 !!!!!! Normal monday scheduling! Newsflash idiots, THIS IS NOT A NORMAL MONDAY IT IS A WEEK OUT FROM CHRISTMAS! Night scheduling is actually ok. But no, that morning staffing, we don't need that, do we? Not like the kids are all out of school and the moms and dads are gonna be out, right???

Constant backup calls, people from other depts, etc

They had TLs, ETLs, etc, coming in to fill in cashiering. I understand ETLs are probably on salary but JEEZ. Pretty soon we're just gonna have the managers doing everything.

Back