A Message For Corporate

Seems like Best Buy also hard capped their Price Matches to a maximum of 20% discount. They did the same thing though where this is mentioned no where in their policies and simply just enforced by the register.

For those complaining about lack of hours, perhaps it is coming up from someone higher than SD to keep a close reign over hours? Just a thought...Plus, as mentioned before, a SD wants to get as close to the annual allowance without going over. This is why most SDs look at last year's week to week allotments to determine what to forecast and schedule.

For those complaining about lack of hours, perhaps it is coming up from someone higher than SD to keep a close reign over hours? Just a thought...Plus, as mentioned before, a SD wants to get as close to the annual allowance without going over. This is why most SDs look at last year's week to week allotments to determine what to forecast and schedule.
I know our DM and HRBP keep an eye on hours and will contact us when they feel we should add and reallocate.

I didn’t fail to hire . My former store was a hard store to hire $$$$ , and then there was trying to hire overnight an other hard part . So I staffed what I could and then asked for extra 3$ for the team since I wasn’t getting applicants .
The team was happier they got the 3$ extra since most of the newbies can’t handle the shift of the workload .
Hell if my store did this, all our problems would be solved. We have a great & experienced team who are at this point working their wage and pretty unwilling to stay late or pick up extra (beyond scheduled 4 hour) shifts simply due to extreme low morale which is a direct result of poor communication and ineffective 'leadership' at the SD level. 'time to retire!!' If someone spoke up for the team and articulated that $3 more an hour would motivate us 1000%, and then followed throught to 'get it' -- we could come clean in about 2 days!

New CEO and a return to the basics: cute Big Box Retail that our guests want. Nicely zoned stores with team members ready to help because they aren’t trying to make some BS pull metric of 90% to get some mid level executive promoted. Quit trying to compete with online sales by being cheap. You have to have a Fulfillment Team separate from any other department, PERIOD.
At another store our FF team stayed on channel 2 . They were so efficient. Happier days.

I imagine it's largely the failure of individual store execution. Many stores do just fine working within the payroll restrictions they are given.

It's very easy to imagine scenarios in which ETL's failed to hire the right number of team members with the right availability to cover elevated Q4 needs.
We have 1:1 TL:TM but TL s hang in the office and we're told to "push to 4" when they re called to action. Yah. It s the store.

A change of pace for the momentum

haveing a functional HVAC system for the backroom is something that should be a priority when the outside temperature is ~15°F
Our store was actually warm yesterday though it will colder today and Tuesday.

I actually went to Kroger at Noon yesterday and it must have been 50 degrees and that store is fairly new.

A change of pace for the momentum

haveing a functional HVAC system for the backroom is something that should be a priority when the outside temperature is ~15°F
Wouldn't this be great? I sometimes bring in a jacket from home that I don't mind just leaving stashed in the back room for when I have an especially large amount of back stock to do.
Same request for when it's really hot in the summer. I don't miss being on the unload line when it's so hot. Had to wear a back brace for some extra support with all the heavy boxes. I'm fine with sweating, but that was not a fun time.

team leads be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the ETLs" and the ETLs be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's district" and district be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's region" and region be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's corporate VP of stores" and corporate VP of stores be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the CEO" and the CEO be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the board" and the board be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the shareholders" and the shareholders be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the SEC" and the SEC be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Federal Reserve" and the Federal Reserve be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Illuminati" and the Illuminati be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Greys" and the Greys be like "⏃⏚☊⎅⟒⎎☌⊑⟟⟊☍⌰⋔⋏⍜⌿⍾⍀⌇⏁⎍⎐⍙⌖⊬⋉"

team leads be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the ETLs" and the ETLs be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's district" and district be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's region" and region be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's corporate VP of stores" and corporate VP of stores be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the CEO" and the CEO be like "sorry I don't decide payroll, that's the board" and the board be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the shareholders" and the shareholders be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the SEC" and the SEC be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Federal Reserve" and the Federal Reserve be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Illuminati" and the Illuminati be like "sorry we don't decide payroll, that's the Greys" and the Greys be like "⏃⏚☊⎅⟒⎎☌⊑⟟⟊☍⌰⋔⋏⍜⌿⍾⍀⌇⏁⎍⎐⍙⌖⊬⋉"
Hold on, hold on. NOTHING gets past the shareholders. They are everything. And they don't answer to anyone. The board does not pass the buck, because if they do, their stock price goes down, and that's a bad day.

The blame will always be passed down to the lowest possible point.

Back