I'm Lost! What is “flexing out”?

Also to fill up empty shelf space between one major set and another i.e. we just pulled all the Christmas merch, we haven't got the the Valentines merch yet, lets flex a bunch of plastic here because they take up space and it won't look like we have empty shelves.

What it does not mean it taking it on yourself to spread out what ever stock is on the shelf to fill in gaps so the shelves look full.
That too often results in the people stocking the shelves thinking it is full, or having to move the shit.
This is a TL or ETL thing.

This is a TL or ETL thing.
Seems like DBOs would be able to do this in their areas. A lot of stuff is going clearance in my area just now and I know there's discontinued product in the back that I can't flex out just yet because I don't have space. I'm going to be looking for that clearance product to empty out so I can flex out other stuff that makes sense.
Already did with some product brought in for Christmas that doesn't have a home location. I had some similar things with two facings but not enough product to fill it, so I used some of that space instead of back stocking. Especially good since that Christmas stuff is on sale. Wish it would sell down and be gone already.

Back