Archived What is a baffle and how did I end up on the report?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone.

I have a question. The LoG ETL came to me today and said I was on the list of top 10 TMs for baffles and he wants to talk to me about it. I have no idea a) what a baffle is and b) how I am on the list.

The only time I go into the back room is to grab a pull from the line. I have never used the PDA In The back room and I have no clue why I would be on the report.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

If you've never pulled or backstocked, you didn't cause it. That's all you need to tell him.

The most likely cause here is that you turned in your PDA at the end of a shift without logging out, and a BRTM then signed it out, went to the backroom, and started working without even noticing that he hadn't ever logged in to the PDA (because you still were), and so his work was credited to you. Alternatively, maybe you let a BRTM borrow your PDA at some point.

(To answer the other part of the question, a baffle is when an item is physically in a backroom location, but the system doesn't know it's there.)

If I remember correctly, it's from a scan where the item wasn't there and m-deleted when it was present. As for your name on the report, always always always log out of your PDA when you're done. Don't leave it around anywhere so it can be swiped by another TM without asking. Just bring it up with the ETL-LOG and find out if that might be the case or if someone has a similar name.

That's what I was thinking, that someone used my PDA.

So are baffles only in the back room or can they be created from the salesfloor? I guess I am still not sure what it is???

As for your name on the report, always always always log out of your PDA when you're done. Don't leave it around anywhere so it can be swiped by another TM without asking. Just bring it up with the ETL-LOG and find out if that might be the case or if someone has a similar name.

It's unbelievable to me how many people turn in equipment without logging off. Our names turn up on WAY too many reports tied to PDA activity to not do this!!!

As for your name on the report, always always always log out of your PDA when you're done. Don't leave it around anywhere so it can be swiped by another TM without asking. Just bring it up with the ETL-LOG and find out if that might be the case or if someone has a similar name.

It's unbelievable to me how many people turn in equipment without logging off. Our names turn up on WAY too many reports tied to PDA activity to not do this!!!

I see so many PDAs logged in in our equipment room. I always log out and back in to be safe if I can't remember logging in! I can only imagine how someone accidentally being logged as me or me as them could impact my business.

I have noticed you need to log ALL the way out, not just out of RF apps but out of the web based one too or it will show you logged into RF apps as whoever was on the PDA before even though you logged into RF apps with your number

Logging out of the PDA is about to become more important. What I understood from the upcoming software rollout is that there is going to be an equipment control report that shows who was last logged into a PDA. It'll have tms matched up to the last four digits of the serial number of the PDA they're using. So when a PDA goes missing the LOD will be able to go back to the person who had it last. So always log out and don't lose track of it when you have one.

How do you log out of a PDA? I have never noticed an option to do so and have never been shown how, in spite of having to know how to use one.

So are baffles only in the back room or can they be created from the salesfloor? I guess I am still not sure what it is???

They are only a backroom issue. Another way it may have happened if it wasn't just a simple log off problem could be if a BR TM used your PDA to pull an item fora guest and they screwed up. Highly likely? No, but I have seen some of them get lazy and use the pda that has the dpci already.

As for logging out fully, in RF Apps it's L until it shows the login screen. From the main app screen there is a little door in the right hand corner to sign out.

The frustrating part is how often the frelling things log you out in the middle of working on something and then when you go to turn it in you have to log out.

no, i believe baffles are a backroom issue, not a salesfloor issue, just log out of your PDA next time, and ask you your ETL LOG if they can narrow it down to who used your PDA, because your pretty much getting busted for someone elses mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back