Archived What is a "Logistics Zone" shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackNinja1024

Lvl. 99 Ninja
I've been working for spot for a little over a month now. I normally have Electronics and Hardlines shifts posted on my schedule and today I saw on my schedule I have a Logistics Zone shift scheduled next week. What is that?

Its the food truck. Stocking up the produce and freezer sections. there will be multiple people doing it so you wont be by yourself

Different stores use different placeholders. Logistics Zone can be anything. Best bet is to look at what time it is scheduled for.

We used to have 1 guy scheduled for logistics zone, and that's what he did, zone grocery 5am-9am

Its the food truck. Stocking up the produce and freezer sections. there will be multiple people doing it so you wont be by yourself

Different stores use different placeholders. Logistics Zone can be anything. Best bet is to look at what time it is scheduled for.

This. In the MAX days, my store used Logistics Zone as a "paper workcenter" - a formality for schedule anomalies. Pushing CAFs (back when we had enough hours to schedule a TM to do this), setting softlines adjacencies, midnight releases, even overnight re-shop during the holidays (again, when we had enough hours for such business). If it was considered separate from other workcenters, then you'd be scheduled under Logistics Zone.

Our store uses logistics zone for C&S receiving/breakout, backstocking, and ad set.

Why would you use logistics zone for receiving/breakout and backstocking? Those jobs clearly fall under trailer unload/push and backroom.

Logistics zone and zone fall off when you switch to myTime. When my store was on max we used logistics zone for the flow TLs hours.

Why would you use logistics zone for receiving/breakout and backstocking? Those jobs clearly fall under trailer unload/push and backroom.

Logistics zone and zone fall off when you switch to myTime. When my store was on max we used logistics zone for the flow TLs hours.

MAX allows you to move hours around, that's why.

We still use it with myTime.

Maybe it's just the sales floor zone that disappears then.

My store uses a ton of paper workcenters for that kind of stuff. Zone, Logistics Zone, hell the SrTLs are scheduled LOD shifts under Guest Service Training at the moment. Food truck push is "Offsite."

When we have hours it gets used for one spot push/zone, supplemental hours for backroom TMs, or another place to put some of the flow or backroom TLs hours to increase hours in their work centers for TMs.

Many moons ago, we used Zone for pushing CAFs and maintaining One Spot (we had a specific TM who would do this on weekday mornings). For ad prep and setup, we've always used Signing. Our brand TMs in shoes, cosmetics, and entertainment would always be scheduled under Sales Floor (as opposed to Softlines, Hardlines, or Electronics). We've used Sales Floor Training for setting sales planners. We used to use Offsite for Black Friday crowd management. P-Fresh truck push has always been included in the flow hours.

Our store currently uses the logistics zone as the bucket for signing, ad-set, and presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back