What is accountable time?

From what I understand, accountable time is accrued if you don't backfill with sick time when calling out. Is this correct? How does it impact you and at what point does it become an issue?

From what I understand, accountable time is accrued if you don't backfill with sick time when calling out. Is this correct? How does it impact you and at what point does it become an issue?
Not quite. Accountable time is any missed time that isn’t previously excused.

- Late to work
- Leaving early without being VLE’d
- Call offs
- Requested time off without vacation time to cover it

If you call off it’s accountable time (unless we’re talking COVID). I don’t know the official rules but generally it’s looked at as a negative trend over a few months at a time.

So say you’re either missing part of your shift or calling off once a week they’re going to talk to you about it. If it keeps happening they’ll escalate it to a corrective action. They can then take it to a final. If you keep missing time beyond that it can lead to being termed

Not quite. Accountable time is any missed time that isn’t previously excused.

- Late to work
- Leaving early without being VLE’d
- Call offs
- Requested time off without vacation time to cover it

If you call off it’s accountable time (unless we’re talking COVID). I don’t know the official rules but generally it’s looked at as a negative trend over a few months at a time.

So say you’re either missing part of your shift or calling off once a week they’re going to talk to you about it. If it keeps happening they’ll escalate it to a corrective action. They can then take it to a final. If you keep missing time beyond that it can lead to being termed
Call offs that aren't backfilled? Or just in general? I personally have no accountable time but keep hearing about it from others so I figured I'd ask on here for more input. Thanks for the input.

Call offs that aren't backfilled? Or just in general? I personally have no accountable time but keep hearing about it from others so I figured I'd ask on here for more input. Thanks for the input.

General. It's basically anytime you're schedule for work but for whatever reason couldn't and then it's manager discretion. You have to put in a request and get it approved to backfill a missed day.

In general. You can backfill call offs to get paid but it doesn’t erase accountable time.

Any time that is NOT an excused absence and/or backfilled with sick time is accountable.

So if you call in, leave early, or are late and don't have sick time to fill it (if you are in a state with sick time). Then its accountable. It doesn't matter if you backfill with vacation its still accountable.

When you call in or say you're going homw a leader is going to listen or look for in mytime you to say specific things. If you say that you or a family member are sick the leader will code you sick, and you can use sick time to backfill the time so its no longer accountable. If you backfill with vacation it will still be accountable.

If you do not say you are sick when calling in you'll be coded absent - other. Meaning you can backfill with vacation. But you cannot use sick time and it will be accountable.

If you request vacation time and don't have the time to cover its accountable. And you cannot backfill it with anything but vacation time.

Any time that is NOT an excused absence and/or backfilled with sick time is accountable.

So if you call in, leave early, or are late and don't have sick time to fill it (if you are in a state with sick time). Then its accountable. It doesn't matter if you backfill with vacation its still accountable.

When you call in or say you're going homw a leader is going to listen or look for in mytime you to say specific things. If you say that you or a family member are sick the leader will code you sick, and you can use sick time to backfill the time so its no longer accountable. If you backfill with vacation it will still be accountable.

If you do not say you are sick when calling in you'll be coded absent - other. Meaning you can backfill with vacation. But you cannot use sick time and it will be accountable.

If you request vacation time and don't have the time to cover its accountable. And you cannot backfill it with anything but vacation time.
I always forget there’s states that give a shit about workers and sick time

Great breakdown here. Thank you for clearing things up for me.

Back