Archived What is normal "coaching" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering what is normal coaching or how frequent coaching is supposed to be done? I work under a very anal (perfectionist) ETL who is always high strung, rude, and just a total bitch to all but a few select people -like the STL or her fellow ETL's. Like all Target ETL's at my store she gives a ton of work to be done in the shortest amount of time while she sits on her ass. Anyway in the past 2 and a half months I forgot something that had to be done twice in those 2.5 months and I was scolded by the TL for not doing something that another TM in my work center was supposed to do so I had another coaching done. I think this is my 2nd coaching in an almost 3 month period. I had had prior coachings done because of me forgetting or my inability to get everything done in a compressed amount of time and it doesn't help they keep adding more things to do in my short shift. I also have a strong feeling that nothing is being said to the other people who work with me and that this is just to get on my last nerve so I can up and leave. How much is too much coaching?

Damn. TL actually shout at TMs? If that happens in my store, you'll find the TL tied up in the middle of the road.

But yea, all of us respect each other. If there's a problem, we just talk to them, not shout at them.

I brush off all that bullshit im an etl attitude. Maybe thats why I get along so well with management

I forget things all the time. So I write everything down and leave notes for myself on my desk, or really anywhere I know I will see it. (I even put reminders on my phone so it will go off while I'm at work.)

Next if I can't finish something, I ask for help. Idk your position so I can't say delegate bc it could come back to why you couldn't do it in the first place. Ask for help though anyway for someone to do whatever task along side you. It's either that, or you work on your time management. When you are assigned a task get the priority straight and then just get started right then and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back