Archived What is Target's weather policy?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 215
  • Views 51K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's started snowing a bit here, only about 1-2 inches from what I can tell from my house. My neighbor/buddy just called me, he left his house 35 minutes ago and he is literally 3 intersections away from our houses. Took him 35 minutes to get probably 1.5-2 miles. It's cause all of the FWD and RWD cars are getting stuck and can't go up any of the hills.

This does not bode well.

The way I see it is if my state has called a state of emergency and the roads are terrible I'm calling out. By law in my state all non-essential people are supposed to stay off the roads. I'm not risking my health and well being for Spot.

The thing is, nobody around here knows how to drive in snow. So pretty much anything over one inch of snow means closures, accidents, and traffic.

I giggled reading this seeing as my area gets lots of snow. My city doesn't even plow (the streets) unless there is more than 3 inches of snow. So 2 inches, no plowing, just drive over or through it.

Be safe, everyone. The number is below. @OffYaPhone.
Thanks! They actually had printouts up in TSC and cards with the number on it for us to take.

So it's started snowing a bit here, only about 1-2 inches from what I can tell from my house. My neighbor/buddy just called me, he left his house 35 minutes ago and he is literally 3 intersections away from our houses. Took him 35 minutes to get probably 1.5-2 miles. It's cause all of the FWD and RWD cars are getting stuck and can't go up any of the hills.

This does not bode well.
Are you in the mid-Atlantic area? It was like that here too. I closed last night and it was not fun getting home. Roads that are supposed to be primary (I-95) looked like pure shit. I think the authorities were so focused on the weekend snow that they forgot that forecasters called for the clipper that happened last night to roll through. Even this morning, the roads still weren't all that great.

Are you in the mid-Atlantic area? It was like that here too. I closed last night and it was not fun getting home. Roads that are supposed to be primary (I-95) looked like pure shit. I think the authorities were so focused on the weekend snow that they forgot that forecasters called for the clipper that happened last night to roll through. Even this morning, the roads still weren't all that great.

Yup. Thankfully, my campus closed for today. It's so funny though, cause it honestly just looks like we only got a dusting but everything is closing down and there were reports on the news about it taking people 7 hours to get home last night.

Yep, I was hearing stories on the train this morning. I'm so glad I was home before the snow and it stopped before I got off. This weekend should be fun! I'm just glad I'm off tonight and tomorrow night because the traffic last night was crazy.

I'm supposed to work CO on saturday morning, go home for 6 hours and then come back and work a closing GSA shift. I'm guessing at least one of those three things is not going to happen.

I'm probably not gonna go Saturday and I hate it, because I'm poor and I only have like 5 vacation hours left

I am suppose to close Friday but our opening Market person has said that they will probably call off so I told them to call me in early. I am planning to go in early right now anyway. I am off Saturday and open Sunday. Not sure if Friday will happen. They are calling between 18-24 inches of snow between Thursday -Sunday. The state has already call for a state of emergency. It will be interesting.

Thanks! They actually had printouts up in TSC and cards with the number on it for us to take.

I am in va too. Pack a change of clothes, food, water, blanket, cardboard piece & a snow shovel. In case, you get stuck.

So who actually makes the decision to close the store? Corporate? STL, DTL? Maryland is calling for 2-3 feet of snow. State of emergency goes into effect tomorrow am, and I'm scheduled to close on Saturday -.-

oh no we will be hit hard with shoppers tonight !!

Milk, Bread and Toilet paper are selling fast !!

9696440_G.jpg

I told them I am not coming in tomorrow. I close p fresh 230-1030. I wont risk my life or anyone else life for target. It is supposed to start around 3pm for me. Not coming in for a few hours then leave when it gets worse; that is a waste of time and gas. Who knows how bad the roads and other drivers will be.

For those curious, we are supposed to get anywhere from 18 inches to 36 inches depending on your source. This is all with 25-45 MPH winds and wet snow.

I have been at my store for 6 1/2 years and the last time we had heavy snow (12+) was 6 years ago. It was hell then and if the forecast holds, it will be worse now

Last edited:
Starts 3PM here.

I work 6:30AM to 2PM.

If the buses shut down I'm not coming in on Saturday.

Just gonna make a separate post with the number because signatures don't show up on the mobile version of the forum for some reason.

1-800-888-0333
It shows up for me..
But here is everything:
800-888-0333 - enter your store or dc# for status. also, call your store first!
800-541-6838 or Integrity@target.com for Integrity hotline
800-828-5850 or targetpayandbenefits.com - login for on 401k, & benefits
800-394-1885 - Team member services center(tmsc) - everything human resources related!

Anyway, it looks like my area is only getting a few inches. Should be manageable to drive through, but I'm expecting a lot of call-outs anyway because my coworkers are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back