Archived What is Target's weather policy?

• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 215
  • Views 51K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, head & shoulders better than the jerkwads my state keeps electing.

I'd have to dig my little toyota out from under 2 feet of snow, drive down a perilous and most likely unplowed road since it'll be too dangerous for the plows to operate until tomorrow..
They should send there plow drivers up here to the NorthEast for some training. Up here the Plows are out all night long during storms like this. Its much easier to to keep up with it then it is to try and plo it all once the storm is over

He/she is an A$$hole. When your local government along with your department of transportation, news crews and weather people say get off/stay off the roads due to bad weather, we stay off the roads. I dont have an exact law in front of me but there is no way legally someone can get in trouble for not coming in when roads are dangerous
Agreed, there have been at least nine deaths so far from people trying to travel with this kind of weather.

Me too, I have an alarm set for 6am just to call in... At least I get to go back to bed, but that isn't much consolation.

And despite the likely lack of team members tomorrow, there will also be a lack of guests. Might as well shut the store down.

I bet my store completely smashed sales goal today. Sounds like were busy from open til close.

My area is forecasted to get a between 2 and 3 feet. WE have at least 18 inches already.

What do I tell them? "Hi, this is brewhaha. I wont be coming in today due to the snow. It is too dangerous to be out on the roads" How does that sound?

My area is forecasted to get a between 2 and 3 feet. WE have at least 18 inches already.

What do I tell them? "Hi, this is brewhaha. I wont be coming in today due to the snow. It is too dangerous to be out on the roads" How does that sound?

That sounds perfect! Not worth getting into an accidentror stranded in a blizzard. Your life is worth more than the few dollars the store will make, even if Target doesn't agree.

That sounds perfect! Not worth getting into an accidentror stranded in a blizzard. Your life is worth more than the few dollars the store will make, even if Target doesn't agree.

I am a bit worried because I told them thursday that I wouldnt be coming in Friday for my closing shift because of the forecast for the snow. I had (still have) responsibilities at home and that I didnt want to drive or have anyone drive me in this dangerous weather. The weather forecast did hold and it was too dangerous. I actually shoveled 3 times during what would have been my scheduled shift yesterday. Right now, it does not look like I made a dent because there is so much snow

Surprised they didn't close my store. Unless it's Walking distance, there's no chance to you'll be able to drive in the streets.

So I just called out today.

I was told by the ETL in the store that I didnt call put yesterday even though I did. I told HR Thursday (with a ETL/LOD present) that I wont be coming in Friday. I saw her right it down. And I asked them If I could call the store and both said no. But apparently, neither hr not the ETL Thursday communicated to everyone in the store I wasnt going to be there Friday.

Thoughts?

Just speak with the HR person and the ETL you told on Thurs during your next shift. They need to clear this up for you. Nothing you can do about it today so don't fret.

*using your best Adele's voice impersonation*

Hello.

It's ____

I won't be able to come to work because I'm snowed in.

The roads

Are not clear.

My car won't be able to go through that shit.

Lol. I called the number and my hr sounded so attitudy in her little message. "The store is open and all tms should report to their scheduled shifts."

OK, girl. It's still snowing here, my shift is only 5 hours, and the store should be dead because all the shovels and salt etc is gone. NJTransit is even shut down, so even if I really wanted to risk my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back