Benefits What is the pay in NYC?

Just asking because I just applied for a job (Not in NYC). I know that Target recently set a minimum wage of $15/hour (don't know if that's temporary), and that the minimum wage of NYC is $15/hour too. I'm interested in maybe moving to NYC because I have family kind of nearby and I just like the city. I already saw a thread asking about the transfer policy and I was interested in that too.

Some cities have higher minimum wages than states. In the City of Seattle, businesses with over 500 employees must pay $16.39 hourly (smaller businesses must pay $15.75 hourly). So for Target stores within the Seattle city limits, TMs start out at $16.39.

Targets outside the Seattle city limits start TMs out at $15.00.

Unless I've overlooked another city, Seattle's might be the highest minimum wage in the country. The State of Washington also requires paid sick leave for all workers.

Just asking because I just applied for a job (Not in NYC). I know that Target recently set a minimum wage of $15/hour (don't know if that's temporary), and that the minimum wage of NYC is $15/hour too. I'm interested in maybe moving to NYC because I have family kind of nearby and I just like the city. I already saw a thread asking about the transfer policy and I was interested in that too.
Not enough!

It’ll be a struggle to live in NYC and the surrounding areas by yourself at $15 an hour even if you got scheduled a full 40 every week.

Scary.. I always assume u need a career to be living out in NYC. Retail workers can't survive out there unless u live with family/groups sharing rent together.

Back