Archived What is your favorite thing about your job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely being honest here. At first there were only two people in my entire store that ruined my days. One of those people I now really respect and get along with very well (the other still hates my guts and lies about me for no good reason to other TMs, thankfully no one really listens to that bull crap). Other than that there aren't many things to hate about my job. Sure I'm a CA and have to deal with some stuff that is less than desirable, but I'd rather have myself do it than anyone else. I like being the guy in the store that can "get anything done no matter what". Originally working in general boosted my happiness up to about 40% (I've been living at a constant 5% for all my life), then I met a really awesome person there. That person and me are friends now and my life is like at 90% happiness. So for me, everything at work is great (except for that TM who hates me).

glad to hear that things are going better for you, 90% is a lot better than 5 :) don't let that one tm get ya down, there's always going to be immature people who are completely out to lunch!

Oh god, this is bringing back memories of being a cart attendant. I remember once the pharmacy was completely trashed with shit smeared all over the place, and the toilet was clogged so bad I learned how to use an auger that day :D Code browns were popular with everybody but especially the mens. Code reds were quite common in the womens.

Coworkers and easy days are what I live for at this job now.

1. Clocking out in general
2. Clocking out for the last time(soon)
3. Being paid over 140 hours of vacation time(yep, I'm not touching my vacation time ever again so Target will have to pay up because I'm going to have at least 140 hours before January 1. According to the new rules, Target can't touch any vacation time that was accrued before January 1, 2016.

That sounds like fun! I love the guests and the groove I get in when it's busy and hours pass so quickly. I'm getting to know my co-workers still.
Many sre very nice.

I'm glad spot is treating ya well! the only problem with all the discounts is that I feel like half my paycheck is spent at target :( lol

Same. I actually stopped using the discount and redcard for small purchases (for the most part) because I kept buying things I wouldn't typically buy because I was all "ohhhh these discounts stack! And cartwheel!" When they say redcard users spend an extra 1k per year at target, I think that's an understatement.

Anyway, sometimes I get really great guests. The other day these ladies I helped told me I was very helpful and friendly and they complimented my ability to communicate whatever the issue was... And I was all "whoa, I have social anxiety so knowing I'm good at this is crazy" and they were all "whaaat? You don't seem anxious at all blah blah" and then they invited me to bible study and recommended alternative career paths lol.

One year I helped a lady who housed a family for the holidays through some sort of charitable org and she was telling me about how it was going and how she had no idea how to shop for the kids and then it turned into this mini heart to heart and my eyes watered. No tears fell, though because obviously, I'm a thug and I don't cry.

I have great coworkers, too.

I love how the STL/ETL's don't ever bother me.

Maybe I'm weird but I really love the work I do daily in softlines. Hanging, folding, sorting, organizing... super zoning is my jam! I love taking something messy and making it all neat and pretty again. Must be the OCD mom in me coming out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back