Archived What should I do since my store no longer has a Kodak photo lab, however we still have a surplus of supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like the title discribes, our store had recently undergone a massive remodel. In which during the process, we had gotten rid of our Kodak photo lab (One-Hour Photo / Photo Finishing, I've heard it called both). The bulk of the equipment was taken out by Kodak Representatives, however our building has a closet that we use to store front end supplies in. So most of the surplus was left behind, along with thermal coupon printer stuff, which we phased out long ago as well.

Things like cardstock, evelopes, Cases of CDs, Ink cartridges, special printer specific tools and photo papers are just some of the things left behind.
I haven't looked to much into this but there are some that still might have a convayer number still tied to it but I'm not entirely sure if that's even the same process as receiving regular merchandise. Which leads me to the bulk of my questions.

1) Who should my store get ahold of to unload this surplus? (As specific as possible)
2) Is it possible to call up other stores to unload it? If so how would it get there? Personal delivery?
3) Would it be ethical to just pitch it all since the whole idea of physical photos is becoming obsolete anyway?
let me know what y'all think - thankyou for the consideration

If it were me, I'd check with nearby stores, because Kodak is a pain re: what they say you have vs. what you actually have in terms of supplies. Stores with kiosks would probably be thrilled to have it and would probably send someone after it. (Also, lucky. I'd love to get rid of ours. All it does is act up, and Kodak is little help.)

If it were me, I'd check with nearby stores, because Kodak is a pain re: what they say you have vs. what you actually have in terms of supplies. Stores with kiosks would probably be thrilled to have it and would probably send someone after it. (Also, lucky. I'd love to get rid of ours. All it does is act up, and Kodak is little help.)
Partner with ETL GE, ask if ok to give to other stores or dispose of. Let them make the call so that it’s not on you when someone asks where it went.

If you get word from above to trash it, let your receiver know so he can be prepared for it to be disposed of properly.

We just took a bunch of suplies from a neighboring store. Unfortunately for us, they had an abundance of things we have a good bit of and had little of what we are currently low on, but anything helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back