Archived what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.
in two weeks ITS my moms birthday & my family is throwing a party ON THE SWAP SHIFT board I put two days one was for 4hour shift the other was two hour since I could work the other 6 hours. Two people said they could take it & signed their name but SOMEONE whited out the 2 hours I can't work. And that's my moms birthday should I just tell them I have to leave early. Why didn't they let the person take my two hour shift

Talk to your HRTM.
The person who was going to take it may have been close to OT or there was a conflict or the two hours may simply be cut from the schedule so check with your HR.

With things like birthdays or other events that have predictable dates it's always best to start putting in swap or time off requests as early as humanely possible...if you wait too long they can always deny it for whatever reason and note that so-and-so's birthday has always fallen on the same day since the year they were born which gives you an entire year to plan ahead. It may not always be convenient for you because we all know that parties and get-togethers are almost never planned that far in advance, but that's for sure how HR will see it.

They probably aren't allowing you to drop part of a shift. Talk to HR. They may let you find someone who is already working and can pick up just those two hours, or they may say you have to put up the whole shift.

Yeah, you have to give up full shifts. So you have to talk to your ETL or HR to arrange to leave early if you are unwilling to give up the shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back