Archived What times?? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomorrow I'm working 11:30am to 9:45 pm but I'm only scheduled till 8 but I'm staying later since one of my coworkers is leaving early. But they never put WHEN we should take our breaks. When should I take my breaks & lunch? I've never worked 8+ hours so I have no idea please help

Ask someone when you get in. It depends on your state, etc. etc. so your TLs or ETLs will know for sure.

If you are in a 5 hour state it's pretty simple. Every 2 hours take a break or lunch.

In a six hour state I am guessing it's more like take a break or lunch every 2.5 hours.

Also some stores post a suggested break schedule in tmsc. Ask HR if they have one for you.

Ask the LOD or your TL when to take your punched out meal break. If the bosses don't have a preference (which sometimes happens), plan it about an hour before local law says you must take it. For your 15 minute breaks, just coordinate with your team.

Our store is pretty cool about it. Most leaders just let us take them in a general time frame depending on the workload and our enthusiasm to get things done. If you are lazy at my store you will get regulated breaktimes to manage you the best. If you are someone who cares to complete the days tasks even if its impossible (as it often is) y ou get a lot of leniency on your break schedule. I couldn't imagine going by the break schedule they print out everyday. Lol Shout out to my fellow TMs taking breaks at the last second possible to make the day fly by.

Lol Shout out to my fellow TMs taking breaks at the last second possible to make the day fly by.

Ick. Nothing like having been there for nearly four hours, hungry as hell, stressed, and wanting a 15 minute break...only for the operator to walk over, hand you the phone and say she must take her 15 minute break because she has only 40 minutes left. She could have taken it earlier, grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back