Archived What VIPs will lose their jobs since the breach? What company changes can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to workbench icon, login to it, it will ask for your password & for a new password.
I was there, and it didn't ask me or prompt me. My ETL has a message she has 10 days to change hers, because she commented on it when I was trying to do mine.

I can poke around again on Friday....

Click on the workbench icon (NOT eHR). At the log in screen, do not log in. Instead, right below the log in there is a link to change password. Click on that, and you can change your password.
Perfect!

I'm in Workbench in the pharmacy anyway, so that is why I didn't notice that - autopilot login!

i'm still perplexed about it in our store. And when I read the article on WB, it wasn't geared at TMs changing theirs - and it told you to go to tools to change it, and I didn't have that option (because I was going to change it anyway).

So what if the breech was an inside job with someone that had access to more areas.... And that could explain the lack of communication because they were watching them? (from the incident my kids were involved with that had the secret service involved, the SS called the shots for info output).

Anyway, I'm changing mine - I never liked it anyway once I realed how often I had to use it!

They may have done a major overhaul in security and decided to just simply start fresh and have everyone reset everything. I can't imagine their internal Corporate network being linked with their finance handling, but then again they weren't even insured for something like this.

Also I suspect at best if they need a fall guy for this it'll be some executive that'll be given an undisclosed severance package and recommendation to work at another Corporation. No one up top probably cares unless the ship starts sinking. The IT department handling the finances were probably rearranged with some firings and that's probably it.

Just saw the mandatory password change sign at our store today. I've never really looked at the Target computer system. I use Mac/Apple stuff at home, so it doesn't even try to let me on, and the computer room at TSC is a little cramped, and runs Windows Millennium or something. Also, I have no earthly idea what my password would be. I think I signed on once, two months ago, because they told me to (I forget why). I guess I have to ask HR for help.

What are the benefits of signing on to the system? What information is presented there? Can you get it all somewhere else in the store/via check stubs and tax forms, or is there other stuff? if there is, is it worth knowing?

More importantly: since we're required to change our passwords, do we do it on the clock or off? In general, I thought if you're using their computers for eHr, it's supposed to be on your time. Lunch, break, etc. Is that how it works in this situation?

More importantly: since we're required to change our passwords, do we do it on the clock or off? In general, I thought if you're using their computers for eHr, it's supposed to be on your time. Lunch, break, etc. Is that how it works in this situation?

I'm not sure if there's an official rule against it or not, but our store has always been cool with us using eHR off the clock. I've come in to shop before and remembered I had a punch to fix, time off to submit, or whatever. Using Workbench off the clock would probably be a different story though.

Just saw the mandatory password change sign at our store today. I've never really looked at the Target computer system. I use Mac/Apple stuff at home, so it doesn't even try to let me on, and the computer room at TSC is a little cramped, and runs Windows Millennium or something. Also, I have no earthly idea what my password would be. I think I signed on once, two months ago, because they told me to (I forget why). I guess I have to ask HR for help.

What are the benefits of signing on to the system? What information is presented there? Can you get it all somewhere else in the store/via check stubs and tax forms, or is there other stuff? if there is, is it worth knowing?

Do it on the clock at the beginning or end of your shift. It won't take but a couple of minutes.

The benefits of using the system are being able to make punch corrections and ask for time off.

^^ Yeah, but remember that the CSC is going to be FLOODED with TM calls in the next week or so, so if you've got to call, try doing it ASAP since you may have trouble getting through closer to the 13th and after. And since you need to be able to access EHR to put in time off requests and whatnot, I would say that's a pretty good reason to make sure you have access to your account, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back