What would be the best way to try to go about getting rehired?

I used to work at a target distribution center for 3 years. But I had a period of time where my mental health took a extremely nose dive and I ended up running out my sort term disability and was fired after. So I was wondering if there was any possible way to get rehired I loved my job and my hours but past attempts at reapplying have failed. I was wondering if I could possibly call the HR department and explain the situation if that might help? Or if I am just never going to be able to get my job back

It's been about 3 years now
I would just reapply and not state the reason you were let go unless asked.

I would apply online, contact HR maybe a week later, if no response maybe a week after that.

If they don't get back to you just move on.

Companies (not just Target) are always slow when in regards to hire regardless of the economy.

It's always seems that companies DO NOT think you are looking anywhere else so can string you on for weeks on end.

They also tend not to take the ten seconds you email you a rejection note for whatever reason.

Good luck.

I'm sorry to hear about your challenging experience. Understandably, you're eager to return to a job you enjoyed. It could be worth reaching out to the HR department to explain your situation and express your interest in returning. They may be open to discussing possibilities or providing guidance on reapplication. It's always worth a shot to inquire about potential opportunities. Good luck.
Also after 3 years it is possible no one you even worked with is still at Target.

Back