Archived what would happen if your lod locked you in the store

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in the store I worked lost keys. It wasn't an automatic final. AP had to have the locks changed And they were annoyed about it.

Well it depends on what keys. If an Eletronics TM loses the keys, chances are they won't be put on an automatic final unless they aren't recovered. LOD keys? Instant final.

Flow is always locked in. When we have suuuper early shifts that end before the store opens, we have to wait to be let out if the LOD isn't cool enough to just leave the door that can't even be opened from the outside unlocked. Lame. I've done a punch correction for my time waiting like that.

My understanding is that they keep the door deadbolted because the alarm is on, and they want to make sure it's disarmed before anyone opens the door. A former ETL of mine argued against this practice, saying that the door needed to be available as an emergency exit in case of a fire or whatever.

I've never been locked in, but I accidentally left early out of fear of being locked in. All the Salesfloor was let off early one night during the holidays. So when I saw everyone walking to the time clock, I assumed time just flew by and it was time to go, so I left with them. I wasn't even done cleaning up at the service desk, but I dropped what I was doing and left. Once I got in my car, I realized I clocked out about 20 minutes too soon. Whoops.

My understanding is that they keep the door deadbolted because the alarm is on, and they want to make sure it's disarmed before anyone opens the door. A former ETL of mine argued against this practice, saying that the door needed to be available as an emergency exit in case of a fire or whatever.

You do know the sliding doors just push open and out right? You can blow them right off the hinges with a good hard shove. Locked or not.

STL did this on his very first close in my store, with not just one, but TWO TMs. He's a dumbass. I think the story went that somehow the cops drove by the store and the TMs caught their attention to help let them out? I don't remember the specifics.

I'd get some snacks, go to electronics and get a DVD and a player, then go to domestics and make a nice comfy bed with lots of blankets, comforters and pillows and relax until my store opened!!!

You do know the sliding doors just push open and out right? You can blow them right off the hinges with a good hard shove. Locked or not.

The lock does not work like that. it is a claw, you might get some flex when you try and kick them open, but all you will do is bend the lock mechanism and piss off A LOT of people.

Locked in or not, destruction of property is still destruction of property. -_- The fire doors are always and option, breaking something is just going to lose your self a job and get yourself charged with something.

Pretty much, there are phone numbers all over, call someone, then help yourself to some food while you wait. Also don't forget to do that punch correction for the time you remained in the store. You will get paid for that time.

This happened a few weeks ago in my store. The guy it happened to stopped by the pharmacy to tell me about it. He coincidentally had the LOD's phone number, so he just called them to let him out. The weird thing is that he's a really personable and talkative guy, so I would think that he would not be easy to forget.

Locked in or not, destruction of property is still destruction of property. -_- The fire doors are always and option, breaking something is just going to lose your self a job and get yourself charged with something.

Pretty much, there are phone numbers all over, call someone, then help yourself to some food while you wait. Also don't forget to do that punch correction for the time you remained in the store. You will get paid for that time.

Not two shits will be given about target property. After what I have seen people do on the clock and still have jobs a wave through the front doors is not even a blip on the radar.

Sometimes I get my best laughs from this place simply because of the way some posts wreak my imagination :D
This thread is full of win.

I actually has a pfresh tm that was locked in once. That overhead doesn't work in the coolers/freezers. She left 10mins before close after that because she was paranoid of being locked in again....

People in the store I worked lost keys. It wasn't an automatic final. AP had to have the locks changed And they were annoyed about it.

I'm talking about store keys. That's an auto because they open EVERYTHING and it's a pain in the ass to recore an entire store. Only losing dept or equipment keys... Not good, but not as severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back