Archived what would you like to see on cartwheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd move the other mobile coupons over to cartwheel too so I'm not the asshole holding up the line as I switch apps to get everything scanned. But I'd want them to still not count toward my cartwheel spots. Just a way to only have one barcode be scanned to still get at the coupons in the other app.

I would like to see cartwheel gone. It was a nice gimmick to entice people into the store for awhile but now it's a chore. We have made our guests lazy. Meaning, they get to the register and then decide they not only want us to check each item to see if it's on cartwheel, but also want us to do it with our own phone. I have gotten to the point that sometimes I say that I have used my daily quota or my phone died. My cashiers have picked up on that also.

If target wants to keep the app, then please please please modify the registers. If we HAVE TO punch in a discount for an item, please have a k-button for us to push that says cartwheel instead of having to press k-2 guest challenge.

Also have a cartwheel adjustment button at guest services so each item does not have to be processed by hand and then have to enter it as a missed coupon.

And also adjust your registers back to the way it was when cartwheel first started - show which items the discount has been used for on the monitor prior to only showing which items it applied to on the receipt.

They want you to check cartwheel for them? You have terrible guests lol. I only ever do that if I just told the person about cartwheel and that mostly only happens on the floor. I've offered my barcode up to nice people when I've known there were big discounts for something they had. Never had to use it though because everyone is all "thank you, but it's okay. I'll check out that app though. ..you say I have until Saturday to use that coupon?"

I wouldn't even say yes to looking through cartwheel with someone. I'd let em know they can scan things as they shop... Or as they wait in line at the register (best part about long lines, tbh) and wish them luck in remembering to use it next time. I'd make it less asshole-y by getting a joke in about how I always forget to check cartwheel or how I go through the work to buy cartwheel items then don't remember to have it scanned.

I agree on those register changes, though.

E-gift card offers or maybe something similar to Wal-Mart's Savings Catcher.
How about an option to scan your receipt and apply cartwheel to get a target giftcard (not one of those horrible mobile giftcards, just put them IN THE DAMN CARTWHEEL APP CORPORATE!!!). Because more than 1 year after the introduction of this app, we still can't apply it after the sale. So why not let the guests do it themselves. It would speed up the checkout line because you could just tell them "it doesn't need to load now, if you just scan your receipt when it starts working you can get a target giftcard for the difference."
The giftcards will go into the CurrentC app I'm guessing. It will be your all in one new thing... It even holds the employee discount. One scan for it, cartwheel and the red card. I'm guessing it will have to be with the RedCard too.

But scanning it after would be awesome, because I forget 75% of the time (less now as just a guest).

This is a pissy comment, just lettin ya know. It's more like what I want on the register a prompt to remind cashiers to ask if you are using cartwheel. My phone is on the counter next to my tm card. Scans the card and asks if I have cartwheel. Yes I do. Oh the transaction is complete. You will have to go to guest svc. I don't know how registers work, but I'm pretty sure you must hit a key that completes the order. Just fess up you made a mistake. This is not the first time this has happened. Yes I got my savings, $14.00, but it doesn't go towards my cartwheel to get another badge. I always look for the "good" cashiers when I check out but they weren't on.

If we HAVE TO punch in a discount for an item, please have a k-button for us to push that says cartwheel instead of having to press k-2 guest challenge.

Surely ad substitute is better than Guest Challenge for such scenarios.

This is a pissy comment, just lettin ya know. It's more like what I want on the register a prompt to remind cashiers to ask if you are using cartwheel. My phone is on the counter next to my tm card. Scans the card and asks if I have cartwheel. Yes I do. Oh the transaction is complete. You will have to go to guest svc. I don't know how registers work, but I'm pretty sure you must hit a key that completes the order. Just fess up you made a mistake. This is not the first time this has happened. Yes I got my savings, $14.00, but it doesn't go towards my cartwheel to get another badge. I always look for the "good" cashiers when I check out but they weren't on.

Why is it the cashiers mistake for not asking if you intended to use cartwheel, but not your mistake for vocalizing that you do without being asked.

You're allowed to be forgetful, but they aren't?

If they're bad cashiers for being forgetful then you must be a bad guest for not vocalizing what you want to occur.

Yup you're rught, I'm a bad guest. My phone was on the counter with my barcode showing. Next time I'll be proactive.

Cartwheel will never be easier than it is right now for guests trying to get discounts. Think about it (and the same goes for coupons), right now a percentage of guests use Cartwheel. If every single guest used it for every single product that was on there, Target will have to raise their prices. That's why it's so cumbersome to use; because Target knows everyone will not use it because it is a pain in the ass. The same goes for coupons; if everyone (I'm talking 100% of people) used coupons for everything, prices will eventually rise because the manufactures are losing money!

This also goes for everything else. You know all those different size bottles of the same exact ketchup we have? People pay a premium for the smaller bottles even though the larger bottles usually have a lower unit price and you get more ketchup per dollar. If every single person bought the larger bottle and those got the cheaper unit price, the price will rise on ketchup because people are not paying the premium for the smaller bottle!

If we HAVE TO punch in a discount for an item, please have a k-button for us to push that says cartwheel instead of having to press k-2 guest challenge.

Surely ad substitute is better than Guest Challenge for such scenarios.

Ad Substitute is better than Guest Challenge for such scenarios. And don't call me Shirley.

I thought the assumption that a lot of people don't use it in addition to the limits was how they kept from losing too much. Making it cumbersome seems like it would be a deterrent. I closed a bank account because their app sucked (it was target cu lol... But I opened it again to make my savings harder for me to access). I stopped using my cap one card because their app wasn't updated for Lollipop and I can't check my usage without opening it in a browser. But if I didn't work at target, I wouldn't have a reason to shop there without cartwheel. If cartwheel gets me in the door, I'm probably gonna buy some things I didn't intend to (maybe some that aren't in cartwheel) just to save a trip.

Except for rare cases, even with cartwheel and a TM discount target is still making a profit on the item. Especially on food items.

If it makes people wanna buy more it's almost will always make the company money. Yea they limit, but they also limit ad items too. And from my experience that's to make sure everyone (okay most, maybe some) has a chance to get the item.

Oh, I didn't even think about that limit. I was talking about how I only have 23 slots and based on the badges I don't have, I'd guess I can't get any more than 26. Not that it really matters, I never even use more than like 5 at a time.

If you're in my store, chances are that you'll have crappy signal unless you jump on the Wi-Fi. I would like to see vodka on cartwheel but I know that'll never happen
I wish my Target sold alcohol but I am in a Pennsylvania store... darn Quaker laws!

I'd like to see cartwheel for older ios devices. I can't download the app because I don't have ios 7 or later.

Except for rare cases, even with cartwheel and a TM discount target is still making a profit on the item. Especially on food items.

If it makes people wanna buy more it's almost will always make the company money. Yea they limit, but they also limit ad items too. And from my experience that's to make sure everyone (okay most, maybe some) has a chance to get the item.
Food items dont always make money. The store usually loses money on sale items for food, because they receive monry from the company when they rent out an emd cap. And it brings guest in where they are likely to buy more profitable items like clothing. And well popcorn from FA.

Yup you're rught, I'm a bad guest. My phone was on the counter with my barcode showing. Next time I'll be proactive.

I only glance at people's phones to be sure I am not putting their bags on top of them. What is on your phone is none of my business. If you want me to scan it, I need you to actively show it to me instead of passively putting it on the counter and expecting me to read your mind.

I only glance at people's phones to be sure I am not putting their bags on top of them. What is on your phone is none of my business. If you want me to scan it, I need you to actively show it to me instead of passively putting it on the counter and expecting me to read your mind.
If they set it on the counter with the barcode showing and I see it I'll usually scan it, but it would be nice if people would be clearer by actually saying something like "I have cartwheel" or directly holding their phone up to you so it's easier for you to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back